What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The nest


I just LOVE this. The whole thing cost less than $3.00. The berry wreath was $1.00, the nest was $.79 and the eggs were .29cents a piece. It it is the perfect symbol of spring, of rebirth. I love to look at it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gena said...

I just love the little nest! Also, I'm going to borrow your idea for my upstairs banister. We have a 2-story foyer and when you look up, you see the banister. I always decorate it for Christmas, but never thought about doing it for spring and Easter. What a great idea!

Your blog is always such a pleasure for me to read.

Happy Spring and have a wonderful day.

Gena

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much Gena! I am glad you found me and I appreciate your little notes every now and again...really I do!

I am glad you are gonna steal the banister idea-but don't stop at Easter and spring...go for it throughout the year. I even add pumpkins to mine in the fall. I will be sad when we move if I don't have another one.

My favorite time is when I have fresh flower bouquets there...then you get to see AND smell beauty when you first walk in. Oh--I need fresh flowers!!!

Kelli said...

Oh, that is just beautiful!! I love it!
Kelli