What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Cupid's Tree

Yesterday was my Valentine’s Day decorating day. What fun I had! I was like a little kid! I gathered anything remotely romantic, red, or pink and made focal points on the dining room table and any other area that could use it. I made tissue paper window clings (even though Scott thinks they are mushy gushy-I like ‘em!) My very favorite decoration, though, is our Cupid Tree! I had the tree from my craft show display…and so I hung ribbons, all my costume jewelry and Corynn’s play jewely on it for garlands, and I cut the thumbnail prints off that Victorian calendar and made ornaments. I also plucked some fake flowers here and there…I think it turned out great! I really missed the pretty lights of the Christmas tree…and now I have them again! (I wonder what John Owen will think?!?!?!)

Anyway-one fun thing done-now for a boring day of cleaning, laundry, dishes, and diapers….. Ho hum. 

2 comments:

Abigail said...

john owen does not like valentine's day.

he does not like it with a cake.
he does not like it by a lake.
he does not like the v-day mess
and so avoids all v-day stress

(John Owen DOES like Christmas trees, though, even surprising me with one on Christmas Eve the Christmas Eve before last, which is something I never expected! Remember, our second year of marriage I had to string lights and popcorn and marker in ornaments on a green cardboard tree that had been part of a Seven-Up display at Manley's Mini Mart. Now that's progress!)

Abigail said...

oh, and i still celebrate Valentine's Day, kind of.

Last year I made him a cookie-sheet sized cookie cowboy, holsters and all. how romantic.