What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Our First Corn. EVER.



 The first homegrown corn that has ever been EDIBLE.  Many attempts to grow corn under my belt, never with success though.  So it is pretty big deal.  We grew gold!  Nuggets of gold!

They paired well with last nights' zucchini boats, let me tell you.  And some home-canned cinnamon applesauce to round things off. 



Thanks for all the suggestions for food.  (You guys are great!)  I already had quite the list of ideas planned and now I *almost* wish I had more time with this challenge.  But I don't think, by the end of this week, that I will have any more zucchini to contend with!  At least not for a while...

4 comments:

Tonya Gunn said...

Beautiful! We are going to try corn next year.

Rosemary said...

That corn looks super yummy!

Jerelene said...

Please, please tell what is in the filling of these zuchinni boats...they look delicious!! And your corn is wonderful..our was so small..but it did taste good. Glad to see yours turned out so well :) Blessings, Jerelene

Bonnie said...

Luckeeee. I could so go for corn on the cob right now.
I tried corn for our first 2 gardens. Grew some nice fall decoration cornstalks, and that was it. Small and wormy. I remember growing it decently as kids, but just can't pull it off here. B. wants to do pop-corn next year with the kids. He has fond memories of that growing up.