What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Christina's Wedding and My Weekend Away















 











 Well, as you can see~ the wedding was beautiful.    The groom was dashing and the best part was the huge grin he had on his face the ENTIRE TIME.  (I watched him most of all, I think.)  The bride was beautiful. The children were so precious I wanted to steal them.  The bridesmaids, the soloist.  Everything.   I loved the color combination~ it reminded me of the ocean.  The dresses  were of the same color and wispyness of the sea, the white and silver necklaces shined like the pearls of the deep and the sand under your toes and the flowers were the exact color of a summer sunset. Gorgeous.

And did you notice the burlap and blue bottles as centerpieces?  Remind you of anything?  I couldn't believe how positively trendy I had been, all on my own!  I assure you, it was a fluke.

It was a beautiful weekend, visiting with family- and even my parents.  Since they have plenty of young children still and many with 'issues' and I have almost a handful myself- quality time is at a minimum even when we do visit with one another.   It was a sweet, sweet time.  Not having the children all about was very odd at times- especially when I had no plates to serve up at dinner except my own and on Sunday, when I had no knees to squeeze or stinkeyes to glare during the sermon.

It was a relaxing and beautiful weekend- but I am glad to be back among the loud, messy and chaotic of my own Home Sweet Home.

6 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Thank you for sharing, it was strange (in a wonderful way) seeing Christina dressed like a princess..I don't know if I was expecting soccer shorts or what but she looked beautiful lol! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go! It looked liked a beautiful day :)Thank you again for the pics, you knew I was checking for them ;)

Julian said...

thanks for sharing! Everything is beautiful! Im glad you could go and be there for her on her special day.:) I also know you are happy to be back home to your own chaos:)
Christina

Unknown said...

Hey you...I haven't been around here in FOREVER and I forget how beautiful your blog is!!!! I was just oohhhh and ahhhing as I scrolled through! :) It looks like your summer is winding down with a lot of loveliness....I owe you a letter soon! :)

Bless you, Rebecca!

Renata said...

What a beautiful wedding & you looked lovely ( & didn't wear black :)!!
I adore the colours she chose ~ so fresh & perfect for a summer wedding!
Enjoy being home & loving on your precious family!
Blessings
Renata:)

Abigail said...

What a beautiful wedding, gorgeous bride, and handsome groom. As I scrolled through, my favorite part was his huge grin in every picture. Love that!

Theresa van der Jagt said...

I just love love the pictures of Christina's wedding and the one of you , myself , and Rosie is great too! I so enjoyed seeing u and gettin to catch up an little. Seems so long ago that we were kids and just spent time playing. Now we are all grown up with lives and families ( well u at least :)) and a beautiful
One too! Much love to u and maybe I'll
Be back in ny again soon!