What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, April 24, 2015

Clearing the Circle










It was time to clear out the dead stalks from the flower circle.  The day was warm and I was in need of a pick-me-up.  Sunshine does that for me.  So does the discovery of tender green shoots underneath all the dead and brown.  Little baby plants beginning to grow lifts my spirits in a big way!  
The children were told to take the dead stuff to pile it up elsewhere. Adele', the little wisp, took right to the work.  It was funny to see her little body pushing the enormous wheelbarrow.  

The big kids enlisted the help of Skeeter and I don't think he was too pleased about it. 

It won't be long before FLOWERS!  

3 comments:

Leah T. said...

Such a welcome sight after such a long winter! Things are starting to green up a little around here finally. And I can't wait for all the flowers! Ah, spring!

terricheney said...

I love that look on Skeeter's face. He truly does seem to say "I am NOT a work horse..." lol Smart of the kids to try and enlist him though!

Full of Grace said...

Seeing Skeeter help just Cracks Me Up! :) He looks like a dwarf draft horse with his wagon LOL!! ;)