Wednesday, February 01, 2017
the month that was: January
(a monthly update on my yearly goals:: because accountability and revisiting my goals each month seems like a pretty great way to keep myself on task this year.)
For a look at my complete list of 2017 goals go here. I posted my goals nearly halfway through the month, so I can't pretend to have a full months' work under my belt. Even still, with just a few weeks of focus, I am really happy and grateful for some already marked improvement.
* Daily Bible readings have happened with the exception of one or two days. I have been greatly edified by them and wonder why I find Bible reading so exhausting/hard to do sometimes when in actuality, it makes life so much more peaceful/easier to endure.
* Been working on memorizing Romans 1: 18-25
* Hung four paintings I printed from our personal printer here around the house. (I was given permission for printing based on home education- I asked.) They could only be 8x10 that way, not really statement pieces, but quite beautiful anyway. I wonder what took me so long.
* Letter writing goal was to write three letters this month. I mailed 14 correspondences, some much lengthier than others...but still! I was pretty impressed with myself. Way to kick things off!
* Spent at least three times I week doing kettlebell exercises. No "workouts" (meaning: certain lengths of times working out or following some guide) just repetitions of a few moves I know. I'd like to find a few youtube videos to watch to get actual workouts in. But the repetitions kick my butt for now since I am so crazy out of shape. Proud of myself for making myself find the time for these. I hate exercising.
* Haven't had a drop of Coca Cola in all of January. I told Matt I feel 'soda sober' now which is really melodramatic since I only drank it a few times a week anyway. Not exactly an addict- and yet, I didn't like feeling like I really wanted soda. Now, I am really liking how I don't 'feel like' it anymore.
* Been eating pretty darn good ifIdosaysomyself and I started a food journal to make sure of it. Haven't lost a pound yet though.
* Been spending time learning Shakespeare with Hillsdale College
* Made a new, more relevant budget to see us through the year. Hopefully. Envelope system, once again.
* Once a month shopping~ I went shopping two other times (but only wound up with two extra bags). Once to a bread store to buy .99 bread loaves halfway through the month (I already can tell a trip halfway through the month for .99 day will be a concession to my once-a-month shopping, especially since it is the day I am already uptown for a visit to the library.) The other because the lettuce/spinach I had bought all froze (and turned slimy) in our mudroom. Since I am trying to lose weight (read: I am now a winter salad eating chick) I thought it was worth it. Since I didn't lose any weight, who really knows.
* Made a food plan for the entire month of February and grocery list. This Saturday will be shopping day.
Overall, no major changes took place to show for my efforts other than I feel as though I am shaping new habits. And this, to me, is pretty exciting.