What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, May 12, 2017

The Month that Was: April



















A quick resolutions update since we are halfway through May already!

The Good~

Sent Snail Mail 3x

Upped the Ante on my weight loss goals by adding running (or actually a mix of jogging/then walking/then jogging/then walking) 5x a week for all of April.  Still no real difference in weight which had me VERY discouraged (as you can imagine) but I measured myself and I have lost 1 inch pretty much everywhere.  So that was at least something.  I've upped the ante again (now that we are in May) by using MyFitnessPal.com to count calories.  (For those who have asked: I've tried THM (and have the book!) and though I know it works amazingly for many others, it never seems to work for me.  I don't know why.  Maybe I just eat too much?  I still try to follow its' guidelines by sticking with S and E meals and I continue to limit carbs but since I am not showing any real weight loss (and that is the goal), I am compelled to count calories too.  Blech.)

Continued with the Envelope System...using cash for everything purchased.

Had personal Bible reading on a daily basis.

Started seeds indoors (I'll still need to buy a few things...but I made a dent.)

Didn't drink soda all of April.

Sold all the puppies!  Yay!


The Bad~

I never ordered school books in May.  ACK!

I never canned meat to get it out of the freezers.  The day I intended to do it- I sent Corynn out to find the stew meat and she couldn't find it anywhere.  I looked where I thought it was and couldn't find it either.  Sooooo....my window closed and never reopened.

I never made a menu plan in April and it made things very inconvenient!  I made a few more trips to the store than I should have too.

The Next Month- (plans for May.  Or at least, what's left of it.)

~ Can some meat from freezers. Ultimately I would like to consolidate and shut off one freezer by the end of May.  (I don't know if I'll be able to do that or not but canning some would be a great step in that direction.)

~ Clear out main garden.

~ Weed asparagus bed. 

~ Add mulch or rocks to rhubarb.  (Something to keep out the burdock.)

~ Transplant strawberries?

~ Plant Gardens.

~ Prepare food/packing for camping trip at the end of the month.  

~ Make a menu plan for the rest of May (haven't had one so far...)

~ Spray and  mulch fruit trees.

~ School Testing for children. (ugh)

~ Sort through boys' clothing and donate excess

~ Make Summer Reading lists for children. (I'm going to have to 

Trying not to be overwhelmed at the next couple weeks... but it isn't working very well.  ;-)


6 comments:

Full of Grace said...

WOW Rebecca, Look at all those beautiful daffodils!!! You are so lucky!! I hope your vases are filled with them :)

Full of Grace said...

Oh and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Theresa said...

Your daughter is so adorable and your daffodils are pretty. Congrats on the 1 inch loss...that is something to be proud of.

Renata said...

Are those beautiful daffodils at your house? That is my dream - to have a patch of daffodils like that!
Lovely to catch up here on your blog! Sounds like you're doing fantastically on weight loss. Scales can fool you, but the measuring tape tells the truth!
Have a lovely day
Renata:)

Rebecca said...

Oh how I wish those daffodils were mine, all mine! No, they are "down the road a piece" and I always try and get down that way in the spring to see them. Yes, they are lovely and a dream. And someday maybe I'll have more than just a few globs here and there. Daffodils and tulips, too, make such a statement when done BIG. ;-)

Abigail said...

Keep sending those inches my way, 'cause that's where they must be going! ;)

Good work on all that good work, lady!

As far as this week goes, I think your covert transfer of MEATMEATMEAT has got you covered. Don't bring anything except yourself and the children. We'll probably just have slow-cooker stew (thanks to that MEATMEATMEAT) and ciabatta...and brownies, because it's imperative that I keep adding those inches. Sigh.

We stopped at Aldi on the way home to get groceries, and after I came out with a full cart, I sent Annika back in to buy a pack of bacon for our wild leek soup to replace the one I (thought I) had given to you. Then I discovered the MEATMEATMEAT. Sneaky! I was glad when she returned empty-handed a few minutes later, too confounded by the three bacon choices to buy anything. :) You are a stinker.

And happy birthday! The sun came out just in time to give a few golden hours here. Hoping it's doing the same on your hill, and you're basking in light and love.