What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, October 13, 2017

Field Trip #2: Up, Up in the Air in a Beautiful Balloon

Some friends of ours have started a ballooning business and being homeschoolers themselves, have a soft spot for learning opportunities.  They are also very generous people.  They gifted many homeschooling families one evening with their time, skills and resources so that we could all share in such an exciting learning experience.







It was thrilling, to say the least.  My favorite part was watching the balloon as it inflated kind of float up.  It was magic.



Adele' was the first person to ride- which I think was incredibly brave of her.  

(I *may* have pushed her into it.)

It's all fun and games until you get to the 'top' and you are VERY high.  Then, it can be a bit nauseating and worrisome.  I can see that it hits her... right about now.




Judah's turn...




Whoop- there it is!  That 'JEEPERS!' moment.



Andrew's next... I didn't see any moments of fear for him.



 And as Corynn heads up, I about die of cuteness.


Because those legs slay me.



Corynn didn't seem too frightened- though she told me later she was so tense holding the little guy that her arms hurt afterward.



She hides it very well.


I, on the other hand, am petrified of heights and can't hide it worth beans.  

But I went up- I DID it- and had to stare at the floor for most of the peak because I felt like I was going to hyperventilate and poor Ineke was squeezed like a lemon - but that's besides the point.

I totally did it.


What an amazing opportunity we had.  We have some pretty amazing friends.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories you are giving your family, especially of your courage about doing something that terrifies you.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

marthahelen said...

that is so awesome. what a great example you gave to them of pushing through fears!

Stephanie said...

Okay I know I should comment on that awesome balloon ride experience, but THOSE CHUNKY BABY THIGHS!!!!! Oh the cuteness!!!