What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, November 06, 2017

Eyes to See














  



~ hilarious signs on the boys' room
~ last bouquets from the garden
~ those precious five minutes that a cleaned up living room stays cleaned up
~ gingerbread scents that come from the oven, not just candles
~ a yearly trip to the pumpkin farm with my sister, snuck in by the skin of our teeth
~ pilgrim babies
~ cousins, with arms entangled, refusing to let go of each other
~ impossibly big kids against the same growth chart sign that used to tower over them
~ little ones tucked into the big
~ warm food, plentiful and good
~ a boy in a rabbit breeders of America hat- and feeling totally confident about it
~ silhouettes in sunsets
~ frost on the pumpkins
~ paper.  Tons and tons of paper.  Sketches, drawings, math work, to-do lists.  Paper, paper everywhere- drowning in it.  And then the thought of Lewis and Tolkien sharing receipts to further their craft. 
~books, books.  Tons of books!  Fiction, non-fiction, worn and smelly, new and crisp, borrowed and owned.  And then the thought of Abe Lincoln walking those miles to borrow just any book he could find.
~ weekly Lord's supper.  Because, kisses never get old.

Having eyes to see the bounty

3 comments:

Amy Marie said...

I LOVE this post. One of my favorite in a long while! I love consciously turning and slowing my "eyes to see".

Did you see my note on Goodreads? I'm going to send you that Life Creative book because I want to know what you think. ;)

Bless you.

Mrs Abbott said...

Love!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and I wanted to let you know I love it. You have such a beautiful Family! God Bless.