What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, March 16, 2018

Wanna go to the movies?

I've been meaning to blog.  Really I have.  I haven't had the time or gumption to do so (getting schooling done each day is a full-time job these days and this crazy snow is killing my enthusiasm bigtime) but I really wanted to pop on quickly to share this information with anyone interested.  

Do you love watching nature programs but hate all the evolutionary gobbleygoop that goes along with it?  Well....this is for you!


I know it is costly to go to the movies-especially for larger families.  But if you have any extra cash laying around, this would be a wonderful opportunity to support Christian scientists and artists and educators in their pursuits to unapologetically declare Truth and glorify God in their work.

Matt and I usually reserve a portion of our tax return to "tithe" to Christian ministries and support organizations doing just that- something we couldn't ordinarily justify the expense for in our tight budget.  It's been fabulous.  A major win-win.

We decided pretty early on that taking the WHOLE family to the movies was going to be part of the way we used the tax "tithe".  So I called the box office to reserve tickets and the girl said "Oh- "these" sorts of films never are sold out.  I don't think you'll have any problem finding a seat."  

And then she laughed out loud.  

There may even have been a snort.

It was then that I made it my mission to spread the word of this film to all the Christian families I could think.

I just think it would be amazing if we could fill up these theaters and show these cinemas that there is a real desire for great Christian content.  And to show the Christian scientists and film makers that their efforts are not in vain. And by golly, we'll have an amazing time doing it!   

So.....who wants to go to the movies on Monday?!?!  

Check out the website to find your theater and reserve your seats!

(I am not paid to plug this.  It's just a downright good thing that should be shared!  Even if you can't go- tell your friends!  Let's work together to make this thing a success!   And the more silly Rebecca-style blog posts will be coming soon.  Don't give up on me.)

3 comments:

JenniferM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JenniferM said...

A little too short notice for me, but I noticed this is directed by N.D. Wilson. I haven't yet read any of his books, but the fact that he's an author I've seen recommended and now a movie director too, I should really check out some of his work. Have you read any of his books?

Rebecca said...

Bummer Jennifer! If only I had blogged about it when I had *intended* to- two weeks ago!

N.D.Wilson is one of my daughters' fav authors. EVER. ;-)