What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Crafting On


























I ***finally*** finished Adele's mermaid.  We won't mention it was supposed to be last years' Christmas gift.  No we won't.  And I won't be thinking about that fact that it is really about the time any wise woman would be working ahead on this years' Christmas gifts and not finishing up last years.  a-hem.

I enjoyed making her.  Adele enjoyed receiving her.  I was glad to use up so much of that crazy yarn for her mop of hair.  (It was A LOT!)  But I can tell you, I am in no rush for making ANOTHER mermaid after making two in a row.  

Even if that cutie patooti Ineke told me, clutching her tight, that she wants a "berbaid doe, doe bad" when Adele let her hold her.  Those sparkly crescent moon eyes can't even sway me this time, girlie.

Inspired by the echinacea and salvia and greens that are abundant in my garden right now, and a bit piney for little ones far away, I cast on for a Wee Sweet for a few wee sweets that has been on my mind.  Twin girls in need of lots of prayers, and so I do...pretty much constantly throughout my days (and nights).  I figured I might as well put those prayers into stitches while I am at it.  So another one is coming after this one is done.

Been reading: Howards End on the Landing in the evenings and just finished listening to the audiobook 7 Men.  I have so many books I want to get to RIGHT.NOW.  I hope I hurry up!






4 comments:

marthahelen said...

love your wee sweet! may have to knit as well... :) lovely to see the hopestead at this time of year!

Anonymous said...

The yard looks lovely - I think my flowers and roses look best in the fall - so do yours - hydrangea is fabulous - at least all the rain we had was good for something - you are so multi-talented - I am exhausted just reading about all the wonderful things you do - your family is lucky to have you... Mary Ellen - drowning in Wisconsin

Loks said...

The mermaid is lovely, hair and all. I dislike putting hair on dolls as well. Takes forever before it looks done and right.

Abigail said...

Hurrah! It must feel so good to have that done, and, in spite of your misgivings, it turned out beautifully! I'm sure it was worth the wait for Adele', just as the wait will be worth it for Ineke. ;)

I love the colors on your needles! The Wee Sweet is just that, wee and sweet, just like those babes for whom my prayers join with yours.