What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, December 14, 2018

To The Christmas Tea Elves



For those of you participating in the O Christmas Tea secret elf swap, thank you!  There are over 30 of you and I am so pleased about this... it was an even better turnout than I expected.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Just a few little notes on the subject:

~ Apparently, the Elfster website is used often by people to post gift wishlists for family members and others for more serious gift-giving exchanges.  Which, by the way, is a BRILLIANT concept.  I might just have to fill it out so Matt can have some gift ideas for birthdays/Christmas!  But if your partner happens to have a wishlist full of large, expensive gift ideas/wishes- that will most definitely NOT fit in a little tea box- have no fear!  They probably have a wishlist made up for friends and family.  Disregard it entirely, or peruse to learn the kinds of things that make them tick- but don't be discouraged.

~ Also within Elfster is the opportunity to contact your partner anonymously.  So you may be receiving emails with questions for you.  This is your secret elf trying to learn about you and how they might best surprise you.  So be on the lookout for those and make sure you answer!  We have a few concerned folks who haven't had any responses...so ease their minds a bit, would ya?

~ Make sure you include a note or letter in your package, introducing yourself to your swap partner.  The longer and juicier, the better!  That is one of the best parts.

~ Please, everyone, make sure that you have your address in your profile.  It will only be shared with your secret elf and no one else.  Obviously, they will not be able to mail you your surprise if it isn't there!

~ And please, please- if you signed up, make sure you mail your package in time to be received by Christmas!  If you have signed up but something comes up where you can not follow through- please email me or leave a note here on my blog.  I don't want anyone feeling left out and sad because their partner never followed through.

That's all for now.

Have an eye-twinkling, elf giggling, cookie eating, Christmas-tune humming, jolly good weekend.

4 comments:

Stacey K. said...

Hey Rebecca! Could you tell me where to go to in Elfster to find our recipient's address? I have sent an anonymous message to her and haven't received a response yet, but I can't seem to find where her address is on my own! Just thought I'd check! Thank you so much for this sweet gift exchange!

Ulli said...

Stacey, I can help. My family has used Elfster for years for our exchanges and just to keep lists year long (it's not just for holiday time!). I'm one of those with a big wish list, and I hope I didn't throw my elf off. :) When you open Elfster, click on "gift exchanges" in the top menu bar. It will list all the exchanges you're involved in. Click on 'O Christmas Tea", and you should see the participants. Click on the name you're giving to and her info, plus wishes, should come up. Hope this helps.

Ulli said...

CORRECTION--Stacey--when you click on "O christmas Tea", you will see who you are gifting to, then click on "see her wishes" and it will open up to her page.

Stacey K. said...

Thank you so much for offering to help! Unfortunately, my recipient must be one that doesn't have her address in her profile because I'm not seeing anything. I did find her email address and sent her an email, so hopefully she'll get back with me soon! ;)