What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Blog Fodder

I have two big kids who do a lot of work on the computer these days which leaves me far less opportunity to blog than I once had.  So, again, I am waaayyy behind on getting my photos sorted in my online (and only) photo album- my blog.

Here's a nice plump helping of blog fodder to get me started.  

You're welcome.

(PS.  Thank you so much for all your enthusiastic responses to Cricket!  They were a true joy to bask in!)


The key to a magazine worthy food shot is to have piping hot food in a freezing cold house so you can see the delicious steam.  We do what we must.

The most popular spot in the house these days: the grate above the woodstove.  Not only is it WARM but it makes dresses into hot air balloons and ball gowns.

Sorting through apples.  Some for sauce, some for eating, some for drying into chips.  I've already done it once... I have to do it again with the rest of the apples very, very soon.  It isn't my most favorite job ever but I like the resulting grub.

  One of the rare Sundays I have successfully transferred a sleeping baby from van to house and she's remained asleep. SCORE!

Ash trees are under attack by the pernicious (yet beautiful) Emerald Ash bore beetle in our area causing terrible damage to trees. Matt has been busy getting the ash logs out of the woods to sell before they just rot in the ground.  That, coupled with getting logs for his brothers' saw mill, our neighbors have been seeing sights like this pretty often these days.



Ineke loves walking around with skirts on her head.  She says it is her beautiful long hair. 

It does seem to age her a bit though.


The kids dressed Ineke up as an "Indian"...

...but to me she looks like an authentic (and cheerful) Mountain baby.

Authentic, that is, until she turns around....

WHOOP!  There it is!

Eating Keto can be so CHALLENGING.

(It really can when mornings look like this...)

All the coolest people






An owl jumper I made for Ineke  in honor of her rapidly diminishing thunder thighs.

 
It's not a party until every last miniscule toy is out.



Mozzarella making before bed.



A baby boy gift whipped up last week.

  There is a tsunami of boy babies (both here now AND soon coming) that are in need of some handmade goodness.  And a few babies who will be surprising us.  This is the first of many (almost a dozen!) handmade gifts in my near future.


Don't ever expect to see clean windows in my house.

Just sayin'.

8 comments:

debbie said...

Love all your photos,the little one is especially cute

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! Keto works well, but thm (trim healthy mama) is better for women. Check it out. I think you'll like it. Marg

Jenna said...

Would like to know more about your keto journey!

stumblingondreams said...

New reader, here. Absolutely love so far! Your pictures had me loling. Definitely going to be browsing when I can get away with it! (Who knew life with kids would be time-consuming?)
*Subscribing*

marthahelen said...

Love it all. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home + days with us!
marrtha

Full of Grace said...

loved the blog fodder

Bonnie said...

I had an inkling that there might be a brand spanking new Newman on the way, so I checked (a few days after you posted) and lo and behold there is! And then I couldn't log in to send my love and congratulations, but I finally won that internet battle today, so: My love! My congratulations! I'm so very, very happy for you!

Abigail said...

Hurrah for blog fodder!

I love it all, but especially Ineke. She was the definite heroine of this post.