What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

The Audacity



Three days before Christmas, this girl had the audacity to turn three years old.

 And I had the audacity not to post these photos for almost three months.

She wanted RAINBOW colors on her cake.  
 




It's tough having your birthday just a few days before Christmas.  It is a slapdash affair.

I bought her a doll when Toys R Us was going out of business (I am particular about dolls- they need to have pretty faces which happens less and less often these days.  Have you noticed this?) and she got a book (because.... well, books!)  

But knowing more Christmas gifts are going to be inundating us in just a few days really makes me wanna hold waaaay back on the *stuff*.

So the poor girl got mostly practical HANDMADE stuff (which may be considered not cool some day but until then- totally cool.)


Flannel PJ's




(she had totally stolen Adele's mermaid...)




A little tunic and matching dress for her birthday doll... which have matching hair accessories if you want to bother with hair accessories.  

Which we often don't.  Clearly.





And a reversible flannel cape for those milder days when a coat seems a bit overdone but still, a little something is needed.  

Those days are coming... right?




7 comments:

debbie said...

Omg she is so cute,my daughter birthday is February 8 and she wanted rainbow doors too .she's 34 and still loves the little mermaid.

Making Cents Of It All said...

She is getting so big. I love the cape. I need a cape now.

ulli said...

So adorable! Love the handmades, the cake looks yummy and just right for your little sparkley girl. The cape is stunning! I know you've made them before, but do you use a pattern? Thinking my little grand might like one.

Lisa said...

Oh my word. I cannot believe she is three. What a cutie. Everything you made is adorable.

Full of Grace said...

I LOVED all those photos, but man, that CAPE is to die for!! It is STUNNING! Too bad you don't reopen your etsy shoppe, I just KNOW you would sell your handmade clothing (and truth be told your sister would be buying too ;) ) Needless to say, if time ever slows down for you think about it, you are very talented and it could potentially be extra income, hint hint! ;) I loved her cake btw :)

Abigail said...

She is such a delight! I love all the handmade gifts you made, especially (no surprise) that beautiful cape. That last picture is just perfect.

We love you, little elfling! Happy three!

Rebecca said...

Thank you all for your lavish compliments... I'll take 'em! :-)

Ulli- I don't follow a pattern for the capes- I generally just do a 'circle skirt' and then fudge a hood. Like this:
https://www.simplesimonandco.com/2011/10/project-run-and-play-the-audrey-cape.html/

Here is a great hooded cape tutorial though! http://www.findingstorybookland.com/2013/10/12/make-awesome-hooded-cloak/