What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, June 03, 2019

The Bible and Every.Single.Barrette.We.Own


It's 8:30 pm on June 3rd so I am not TECHNICALLY late to invite you to join me and mine on the #SamePageSummer Bible reading challenge (which starts today!)  Daily readings in June, July and August and BAM!  You are through the whole New Testament!

Check it out and join us as we feast on the Word! 

How it looks in this house:  Timer set on 20 minutes in the morning after chores and breakfast and everyone reads from their own Bibles.  I told the children they can go for the gold and read the ENTIRE reading for the day (several chapters) or, depending on their reading level, read one or two chapters each day.  I'm not finnicky- the goal is to get the whole lot of us in the habit of reading the Word daily.

Getting all guzzied up to do so, encouraged but not required.  




3 comments:

mwoods said...

You are the first person who I know who is doing this too. It has been so neat to know that women around the world are joining with me but it is invigorating to know someone in our neck of the woods has found and grabbed on to this resource.

Leah said...

I printed mine off yesterday. I'm so glad to know you'll be doing it, too! (I had a really good routine going [for 3 years!] before Ethan was born. Now it's time to get back on track.)

Rebecca said...

That's great! You go girls!