What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 30, 2019

Meeting the Rest of His Family

Born on Tuesday and baptized on Sunday.

Despite a frantic first-bath (which Moses HATED.  I wonder if it had to do with the frantic scrubbing of a Mama simultaneously barking out orders to all corners of the house... nah.  Probably not.) on a harried first-time-getting-everyone-out-the-door rush to get to church, it was a pretty great day. 

Moses even had a gaggle of silly geese waiting on the doorstep of our church for a first view.  (I love the people in our church!)










Not the last "Doh!" face we'll ever get with him, I bet.




Better than the lilies~ A note on the clothes.  Three days before Moses arrived, still great with child, I waddled to a nearby antique barns/flea market where I have, in the past, scored some awesome vintage clothing for pennies.  I was on the lookout for a baptismal outfit for Cricket since I have one for each of the children to take with them for their own children someday(all bought at yard sales, mind you.)  I didn't find one but I *DID* find the gorgeous dress that Ineke is wearing for a measly $5.00!

It comes with a petticoat, people!

Even better, on the way home, there was a yard sale that had....wait for it.........a perfectly wonderful baptismal outfit for a boy for another $5.00!

Little ways that reveal the Lord knows and cares even about the small details of our hearts.  Even the unspoken ones.  Even the superfluous ones that don't matter like set-apart clothes worn on a set-apart day.






And one more note:

I should be either proud or worried of the obvious delight this girl shows, even in the midst of screaming baby.  I can't decide which...







4 comments:

Ulli said...

God's blessings on Moses, and your wonderful family. The pictures are precious, but not as precious as that sweet little boy.

Amanda said...

thought...id better check in with you today. LOOK! congratulations to your family! he is absolutely beautiful. hugs!

Full of Grace said...

Love the photo of dad and Moses. And the ones at the bottom of gloating big sissy and screaming baby brother ;)

Abigail said...

Apparently, I didn't get my fill last night because these close-ups of his sweet face are making me want to hold him RIGHT NOW. :)


He is the sweetest.
May His Father and ours strengthen, sustain, and keep him all the days of his life.