What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, November 21, 2019

No-Grocery November: Week 2





Days 10-16

Edibles:

~ Chicken Pot Pies, whole wheat artisan bread
~ cinnamon apple bars
~ chicken and rice with delicata squash, peas and homemade cheese
~ Loaded Nachos with taco meat
~ lasagna
~ spaghetti with meat sauce  (pasta for kids/ spaghetti squash for Matt and I)
~ Mustard Brown Sugar Pork Loin, Stuffing (using leftover WW Artisan bread), delicata squash and onions, homecanned applesauce
~ Stir fry and brown rice
~ Oatmeal raisin cookies
~ eggs, sausage, peppers and homemade cheese for breakfast
~ cheesy broccoli, and cauliflower using homemade cheese soup
~ homemade pizza night- garlic, three cheese and ham/pineapple/onion
~ homemade ice cream with chocolate freckles

Notes:

~ I used a package of venison from the freezer marked '13.  Yes.  I did that.  And yes, it was great.  (Foodsavers are awesomesauce.)

~ Two whole chickens, roasted at the same time, allowed me to make several meals all at once.

~ we used the last of the storebought sandwich bread which means that homemade bread from henceforth is not a luxury but a necessity.  And guess what...

~ I am running out of all purpose flour!  I have only one 10 pound bag left- which is pretty much nothing in our family.  I have wheat berries I can grind but they produce a much more dense product and that won't be ideal for Adele's birthday cake at the end of the month.  I have to start rationing that.

~ I also ran out of breakfast sausage.  Matt isn't too thrilled about that.  Guess we should get some pigs then, amIright?!  I made that last little tube stretch into three different meals.

~ Finished all the sweet peppers, lettuces, celery and carrots (!!) off.  No more carrot sticks to go with pizza night.  (sob!)   That's okay.  We ran out of ranch dressing for dipping anyway.

~ Have to start rationing the cheddar cheese now too- not much left of that!  Homemade cheese is making that less traumatic though.

~ made homemade cheeses, butter and bread again this week

~ Precariously low on my chocolate chips and stevia.  I don't want to talk about it.

6 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Keep up your amazing work! You are inspiring the rest of us.

Making Cents Of It All said...

You are doing great. Will you take donations of chocolate chips?

Abigail said...

Yum.

Also...(here is where I bring out my trumpet section and blare in your ear)....

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT bring food tomorrow!

For Pete's sake, you all are doing us a great favor both in relieving my worry over the coop and by the sheer pleasure of your presence.

Save that salt for better things, and we will have food for all.

I mean it.

I will trade salt and chocolate for labor, any day of the week! ;)

Abigail said...

p.s.
I mean it.

Rebecca said...

Rozy Lass- thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it!

Making Cents of It All- Can you get them here this afternoon? ;-)

Abigail- you remember the idea of this whole thing, right? Emptying freezers?! :-)

Rain said...

I am amazed by all of your delicious meals! It doesn't look that good at my house even when I shop every day! (not that I do, well sometimes).