What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Another Girl Grows Up

I've been unable to keep up with life in general for the past several months and so naturally, posting photos on the blog has been neglected as well.  

Allow me the pleasure of getting some out-dated pictures up for posterity, would you?  It might look a little strange here for a bit...I can't guarantee summer pictures won't pop up in the next few days.  But it must be done.  Since I am already on a birthday kick and since All The Sisters have birthday photos languishing in a dusty corner... 


Next up:  Adele!



A few days shy of Thanksgiving, our little Bunkin turned 11.  Because I have been a blogging slacker,  I remember very little of the day.  

I remember trying to figure out WHAT I could make different from the same old, same old birthday cake request of white cake and peanut butter frosting.  There are only so many pretty cakes you can make with BROWN frosting.

And Adele' is my little LADY- she needed to have a PRETTY cake.



(Ineke pining for the meringue mushrooms.  Or the fairy.  But given how many mushrooms she ate later that evening, I'm thinking it's probably the mushrooms.)


I think I succeeded because when it was time to blow out the candles, Adele' just kept staring and staring at it with a smile on her face. 





Ineke is wondering here why she won't just blow the candles out already!  She needs some meringue mushrooms to nibble!



Birthday fail: I had no birthday candles in the cupboard.

Birthday score!:  She was 11 so two candles made the appropriate number anyway.

I took Ineke to the dollar store to pick something out for Adele's birthday. I love watching the children give and receive gifts from siblings.  It is one of my favorite things.  There is just something so glorious about it.  So high, so holy.





Oh Adele'.  You are a quiet wonder.  

And we love you so.

5 comments:

Ulli said...

What a beautiful young lady! Happy Birthday, Adele!

debbie said...

Where has the time gone,she's verging on womanhood

Anonymous said...

What a beauty and what another creative birthday you pulled off, Rebecca! Wonderful!

PS I sent you an email, did ya get it? :)

Leah said...

Wow! Adele has grown up so much since you were up north here a year and a half ago! I'd say you no longer have a little girl but a young lady. It happens all too quickly, doesn't it?

Abigail said...

Oh, my. You weren't kidding about these pictures! What a lovely young woman you've got blossoming there.

She is so sweet, and her personality just shines in these.

And, wowza!, what a cake! I love it! What a shame to have to cut into the thing. ;)