What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, April 13, 2020

Eastering

“Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told."  Habbakuk 1:5

In a world that seems dark and scary and even  hopeless right now to so many, Jesus sits enthroned on high, the Light of the world, Creator of daffodils and microbes, Ruler of rulers, Redeemer of Nations and Peoples, Orchestrator of all good.  

We need not look far for Hope.  We need not look far for freedom from fear, from pain, from sadness, from sin.  Jesus bore it all and then He conquered it.  What a reason to rejoice.   We have Jesus.  And that changes EVERY SINGLE THING.  Not every single thing 2000 years ago.  Every single thing 2000 years ago and every single thing today...and every day in between and every thing to come.

It changes how we look around us.  It changes how we LIVE.  It changes how we look into the future, free from fear and full of hope.  This Easter, like every other Easter...and every other day- there is reason to REJOICE!  

And so we do... we hope you did too!  Happy Easter!

Pictures from the day:





While the face of this boy is a delight... it would be a shame to miss the incredibly impressive legs dangling down.


He has neither knees NOR ankles- and he is STILL charming.




I spent all day on Saturday cooking food ahead of time which meant that there was time to spare before the actual Easter feast.

Like 5 minutes.

Ever notice how no matter how early you begin preparations, you always work right up until a party?  Yup.


HEY!  No whispering secrets at the table!





Bonus points if the baby color coordinates with the tablecloth.


This little speed demon found all her eggs before I could snap a picture of her hunting!

I did the hunt in rounds- with little children going first, then middles and then the biggles hunting last.  When children found 15 eggs, they checked their spoils and the next group got started.  It worked well because the hardest hidden eggs were left for the biggest kids.



Easter clothes were a sad state of affairs for anyone over the 4 year old age range.  We all just scoured our closets for SOMETHING to wear.  Adele' and I both had a hard time finding something that fit us in our closets.

Adele', because she is growing UP.  Me, because I am growing OUT.

There was a bit of a panic in the morning- and then Corynn passed the blue dress torch down to her sister, saving the day.







I never had a chance to get a family picture- or even one of all the children together- but I did try to get at least one snap of each of the children.  As soon as I pointed the camera at her, Corynn did a silly dance.  And SO...

let this be a lesson to them all.  

Doing a silly dance does not equal no blog photos.

It just equals SILLY blog photos.

(PS.  I love that grin.)



Baby gets extra photos because I just love me vintage baby outfits.  Moses and Ineke both wore vintage clothes bought for a pittance at a flea market and Salvation Army.  Moses' outfit I have since Andrew was a wee one.  It makes me happy to have a new boy to squeeze into those special duds of days gone by.

Also- WHY aren't clothes nowadays so classy?!




 After our meal, I sent these three children off to give an Easter feast and flowers to some neighbors, while I cleaned up the kitchen.  

I love it when bigger brothers hold hands with littler ones.


It is kind of amazing that I got this photo.  Or ANY photo of Moses these days.  And here's why:



View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Rebecca (@thehopesteadhome) on

3 comments:

Ulli said...

Oh those thighs! (we know who I'm talking about!) Such beautiful children and family. Your Easter table was lovely! Happy Easter!

Abigail said...

Moses-- you win the prize. I think those thighs might even eclipse the glory of baby-Ineke's, and that's saying something! Please keep plumping them up. I will weep if they shrink before I am allowed to smush him in person again.

Happy Easter to our Newman-folk! Your celebration is festive, joyous, and beautiful. Rejoicing with you in spirit that Jesus is King over all!

p.s. I just had to click on your feasty picture to see if you had made broccoli bacon salad. You did! I find this funny only because I have not had it for several years and was craving it so much this week that I asked my mom to pick me up a few heads of broccoli, and I made it for my birthday meal. :) SO GOOD.

Full of Grace said...

It looks like such a beautiful Easter and someday i CANNOT WAIT to compare Moses chubs with our punkin pie chubs to see who wins now- it's a close race ;) he in his little white Easter outfit deff had me swooning ❤😊