What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, September 08, 2023

Orange you Glad I'm posting: the Newunion


Our annual Newunion happened way back in July.  

It did, indeed.

I love catching up with faraway family.  It's very special.


Are those not the cutest napkins?  

It caused a color scheme.


(and my toes matched.)



 I might have splurged for some blood orange soda to match, too. 



The day of the party, a Bobwhite Quail hung out around the patio and garden serenading us all morning.  

We would chase him around the house with the camera, trying to get a good picture, and he would run but always come back.

It was surreal how close he came to us, sometimes sounding like he might have been on the porch!  


I tried to be a bit more intentional this year about getting photos.  

(Though clearly not so intentional as to blog them immediately.)



Gary is the MASTER corn griller.

And it is always the first corn of our year- which makes it all the more delectable.  I am not sure if there is anything quite so good than the Gary's grilled First Corn of Summer.











A little entourage to check out Andrew's cabin.

(Gary and Linda brought over their side by side... man, are those things handy!)


 I have to include this outtake even though you can see Ineke's and my shorts under our dresses (what?!?  We like to PLAY! Also- we need to practice our big girl modesty skillz)  But really... look at that sweet little boy all cuddled in close?  So you're just gonna have to see my volleyball shorts.)

It's worth the shame and embarrassment to remember that sweet child of mine, my dearheart.

Ps.  For the astute observer, Judah is missing from the group photo.  This is because he chose instead to go on a private plane and fly to Maine, eat Lobster and camp/hike through Acadia National Forest.  (Weirdo.)


Every year is a gift with these wonderful people.

4 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

I have serious envy of your porch! What a glorious family reunion; that color scheme is perfect for mid-summer. I'll bet those blood orange sodas were yummy. Thanks for so freely sharing your family. Do so really helps my faith that there is more good in the world than evil. And lucky Judah! I'd love to hear about his adventure. Keep cuddling your darling little boy, my baby turned 25 this year and he still likes to cuddle his mommy. Such sweetness!

debbie said...

I'd loke updated photos of Andrew's cabin,love all thr pictures I love that Cornyn and her boyfriend are together on the porch

Lynn Ewing said...

I agree as to seeing updates on the cabin. Looks like you hosted another lovely gathering. What a gift.

Els said...

Fantastic, such family gettogethers!!!
You've got the outdoor space and the love to host; it always looks so beautiful!
(And Yeah for volleyball!!!)