What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Goals for 2024

I tell the children all the time that obedience is cheerful... if you aren't cheerful while you obey, you aren't REALLY being obedient.   Obedience must be fueled by LOVE and not be duty for duties' sake.  Mama needed the reminder too. 

 It took a bit longer to get my goals up for this year than I expected.  My apologies to the masses!  ;-)

Here is what I am working towards in 2024:

I see a lot of value in continuing and expanding some of the habits I developed last year so hosting Matt's parents for dinner one night a week, taking vitamins, being active/exercising at least 3x per week, writing one letter/card a month, Christmas shopping throughout the year, and being sure to fit Morning Time with Mama into my weekdays will be a priority for me this year as well.  

In addition to those things (which, let's be honest, are going to keep me busy), here are some new things I would like to accomplish this year.

(Or in the remaining 11 months of it, anyway!)

~ Read Paradise Lost (this was a roll-over from last year)

~ Host ladies + children from church once a month at our house.

~ Get a different vehicle (ours is one breath away from death)

~ Get Andrew into his own vehicle (we will go halfsies)

~ blog once a week (These may be short and sweet but I think my Faraway Girl might appreciate them so I want to try.)

~ Fix up dining room (if not a full do-over, at least repair the broken drywall by the table)

~ Start saving up money for a home generator

~ Sort/Purge Granary in order to make a play space in the upstairs for children

~ Write six long letters (not just cards)

~ Get grapes on fence or arbor

~ Do a better job recording important info into our Hopestead Journal

~ try to grow carrots 

~ try to make a new variety of cheese (maybe cheddar?)

Here is what my January looked like:

Do you have any particular goals for 2024?  How are you doing on them?  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your faraway girl would love that 💕

Corynn said...

I don't know why that first one showed up as anonymous, but obviously it's me 🤣

Anonymous said...

I thought you were talking about Annie when I read the post

Anonymous said...

How faraway is faraway girl ??? Would she blog too ??

Monica said...

I would love to hear more about “Morning Time with Mama” … and no, Corynn cannot be living far away! Surely she is your next door neighbor?!! :( :( And no, Andrew cannot be getting a vehicle and yes, you can grow carrots (I plop my seeds, in no certain fashion, in the ground in November and forget about them and they slowly come up over the winter…) and yes, I’ll take six letters from you. :-) Love, Monica

Rebecca said...

Oh look! The Faraway girl comments! Wa-HOO! ;-) I was referring to you Corynn- because you are my Faraway girl- just not nearly as faraway as you could be. But I don't get to see your bedhead anymore or get your goodnight hugs so it seems pretty far away. I don't think THAT Faraway girl (Annie) even reads my blog, though she is welcome to see slices of Family #2 (or are we down to #3 now?!) if she does. And IF she reads my blog and IF it makes her feel happy to see bits of us, I'd surely do it for you both!

Anonymous- my faraway girl isn't THAT faraway- I have been able to see her once a week since she has been married off. Sometimes even twice! I don't foresee blogging in her future... until maybe children and then I may FORCE her to. ;-)

Monica- you make me laugh! Moses was the one who requested growing carrots. I have tried but our soil is so full of rocks and clay they are the ugliest, twistiest, shortest carrots we've ever seen. I think we would require a raised bed to do pretty ones. Any particular variety you would recommend? One of these weeks, I'll do a post on Morning Time with Mama- just for you!