What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, June 07, 2024

It wouldn't be spring without...

... a trip to Iron Kettle Farm.

I remember taking Corynn and Andrew to Iron Kettle when they were the ages of Ineke and Moses.  And then again with Adele' and Judah. The same people owned and ran it back then so it is a little funny when I walk in for the 20th-ish year, still with one little "big"girl and a hand-holding boy.  

This has been a busy spring- too busy to plant the garden in any reasonable amount of time- but I still managed to sneak in a trip to do some garden dreaming.






I saw a pretty patch of flowers and demanded that Adele' go sit in them.  It was all fun and games until we realized that the purple ones smelled DISGUSTING.














Kids these days I have noticed (surely not just MINE???) do this strange finger to the chin sorta thing when they take pictures of themselves.  Adele' in particular.  I don't know where they got it from and I don't know what it means but I found it kinda hilarious that Moses unintentionally did it to Adele' in this picture:


I wouldn't say things are slowing down necessarily... but the hotter it gets, the more I am becoming  motivated to sit down for a blogging break.  And it just so happened before the downpour a little bit ago, I finished planting ALL THE THINGS. (Finally!) 

So that is one less excuse.

I guess I'll be seeing ya...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moses is such a ham. Everett will stick out his tongue for a spontaneous picture (also noticed kids do that these days! Sigh) and be goofy. Iron kettle farm looks like a nice low stress adventure. Funny you would go back and take the two every few years …it seems like every time I would go to the eye doctor, I would be pregnant. So that was kind of a joke at the eye doctor. So it feels kinda the same as your situation I guess. :D Glad you got the garden planted. Also, hope you got the letter! ;) Monica