What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Those Patriotic Newmans (A Special Newman Reunion)

(Due the forecast, we set the corn grills up in the laneway, under some tree cover)  






I suppose I can't hide that we are country folk, can I?


(It rained all the way up to the moment people arrived... and then the sky cleared and was beautiful for the whole party!)

(The corn cookers got a little bit wet... and Moses tried to wait patiently for the party to start.)

(TWO people randomly shared soda cases with our family the week before the party... so SODA was served alongside the sweet tea)

I never noticed my couch pillows are red,white and blue- until I put them on the porch bed.    Huh.)

This year, because it happened to be America's 250th birthday... and because parties are always made more fun with themes... I told everyone we would hold a contest to see who dressed the most patriotically.

I never snapped a picture of the winners together- but Ineke won the child category and Grandma Newman won the adult.  ;-)


Moses looked pretty spiffy too- and he had the added benefit of a hat that protected from the rain! 

(Smart man.) 










How convenient when the patriotic theme perfectly matches what flowers happen to be growing in the flower circle!




Thank you, Hillsdale College, for the perfectly perfect flag!  We LOVE you!

Eventually the pretty food table filled up with even prettier (and tastier) food which I was too busy to snap a picture of.

And the pretty picnic tables filled up with even prettier (and pleasanter) people which I took ONE picture of:


Let the games begin!




                                                          The cheerleading squad:









(Uncle Nathan always has the best shirts)

Why, oh WHY does the group photo always turn out blurry and overexposed?! That's SO annoying!




Thanks to those faithful friends who make the trek to PA to come!  (It was great fun to catch up with Joseph and we are crossing fingers maybe Jeanette will be next?!  we hope.  we hope!)

It means a lot to have everyone together every year and it is always a highlight of the summer!

No comments: