What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, July 25, 2005

Feeling Blue, Teaching Blue, Seeing Blue........

Today has been so busy! I took a trip to Ithaca in order to get some shopping done. They have an Aldi there so I got some groceries. (They have these really great educational books on themes like Presidents, States, etc. that are only 7.99) There are four of them. I would get them if I had to money-they were really cool. I think they would be GREAT for homeschooling. I also went to Salvation Army. Ithaca's Salvation Army is HUGE, and wonderful! Monday is half-price day so I only go on Mondays. Some Salvation Army stores mark outrageous prices on their stuff...but this one is cheap to begin with, let alone half off of that and much of their stuff is in great condition! I got a few sweaters and pants for Corynn for winter, and a green plain smocked dress. What a relief! I also got a HUGE massive wood handled wok...something I have been wanting for-well, forever it seems. I paid only 2.00 for it. Woohoo!

This past weekend I went yard saling-didn't get much of anything. After I spent the day yard-saling, I went to Gram's house (that would be Matt's grandma, Corynn's great-grandma.) It is always wonderful to see her. She sent me home with some newly made zuccinni relish (she makes the BEST!) and some pineapple chutney. It was a new recipe and she wanted me to see if I liked it. I plan to put it over ham for tomorrow nights dinner. Tonight is easy-I got a BBQ chicken pizza at Aldi. Ever tried them? They are SO good!

This past weekend, I was so upset to find out that my MIL had given away over half of the blueberries that I had picked the last time we were out. I had great plans for them-I had picked them out in the pouring down rain for hours-and I didn't even get to use them! It sounds silly, but it has taken me a while to get over it. I picked some more this weekend. Next weekend when we are out, I will pick more. Gary showed me some berries that he had picked-they were MASSIVE. Next time, I will go to those bushes. I WILL get to make all the blueberry things I wanted to.

As if I didn't already have enough plans for the next few months, I just received a dollhouse from a lady on Freecycle. It is the first and best thing I could have gotten. I am so excited about working on it. It needs a lot of work-but it will be such a wonderful thing! I have also recently gotten some tomato cages and a toddler bed for Corynn. I was never able to 'win' anything-and then all of the sudden, I win THREE things in one week! wow! I plan to set up the toddler bed when Corynn turns two. Kind of as a 'big girl' birthday treat. She is getting to be so big!

Tomorrow I have a doctors appt. for Corynn to get caught up on her shots. She never got her 1-yr. shots so she has to get them before she turns two so she can get her 2-yr. shots. She turns two in just a few short months........eek.

Today is the first day that I have started officially 'homeschooling' her for any period of time. Nothing major. I decided last week, to set aside 30 minutes each day for 'homeschool' time. I won't be 'schooling' her for 30 minutes, but probably 10 minutes. The other 20 minutes I will use to look for something to do the next day or researching other avenues for homeschooling. I thought it would be a good idea to prep MYSELF for setting aside time each day for schooling. She is just such a sponge these days, I figure what have I got to lose? She can now recite the poem I made up (by recite I mean, say the important words.) She says the words I capitalized.

The SKY is BLUE,
The CLOUDS are WHITE,
and that's where the BIRDIES do take FLIGHT.

I plan to just sing to her, read her a book, and then let her do something like color a page or something. Then 'schooltime' is over. I am starting with colors.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a wonderful evening!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Good luck with the "big girl" bed!

http://birthday-ideas.blogspot.com/