What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 07, 2005

HANDMADE DRESS-made by ME!


Here is the dress I made for Corynn-my first dress ever! I used a nightgown pattern I had bought in order to make nightgowns for her this winter, and changed them a little bit and added bloomers. I was very happy with the results. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an impressive first dress. And bloomers too? You are VERY creative.

Rebecca said...

I didn't know you checked MY blog! I feel honored! :-) Thanks for the compliments. It really got me motivated to do more! Not because it is cheaper (it ISN'T!) but just that I feel proud that I made it for her.

Ps-It's not so much creativity as understanding those confusing patterns! :-)

Abigail said...

This is cute! I love the style of dress. (Well done on the dress and the girl...)

smilnsigh said...

I just came back to this post, from link in your latest entry. Oh this is soo precious!!!! I love it! I want one too!!! -grin-

I do meant it that I would love to find such, in a _big_ person pattern. I love that style of dress-front, 'cause it's so "forgiving" of my older bod.

Well, then I'd have to re-master my sewing machine tooooo... First. :-)

'MN'