What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Nine More Weeks...

And the countdown begins.

This week is going to be busy, busy, busy. Aye carumba!
Tonight we are having company over. They are vegetarians. I have only two good vegetarian dishes and both have been used on them so now I have to come up with something else. I was thinking quiche but they are bringing salad. That doesn't really go together, does it?!?! ;-) One thing I will make for sure is fruit salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. Del-ish. Actually, I made it LAST night for supper and it was such a hit, I thought-hey, round TWO! ;-)

Another night this week we are having Matt's parents over for supper-they are bringing a twin bed that Linda bought over for Corynn. Just giving it to her! I am not used to such generosity!!! I don't hardly know what to say!

Thankfully, by some fluke, I had bought some twin bed sheets for Corynn this summer at a yard sale for $1.00. They are flannel, and I think I bought them in order to make flannel nightgowns for her. Thankfully, I didn't or she wouldn't have had any sheets to go with the bed! So yesterday I spent probably four hours down in the basement, searching out those sheets, the cradle bedding, and maybe a blanket or comforter for the twin bed. (Which we don't have....) Along the way I got side-tracked looking at baby stuff, looking for some of my maternity clothes (the summer ones. I found a few 3/4 length sleeved pastel shirts which I took out-I am SO SICK OF WEARING BLACK AND RED!), and being in awe of our massive store of STUFF.

When we first moved in here, our landlady was kind enough to offer us use of the basement. I assured her we would only need a corner. Yeah. We have now extended ourselves into her half as well. This summer I am having a HUGE yard sale. We do NOT need all that stuff! Goodness! We need space and money MUCH more. And Matt's goal is to get us out of this apartment by next winter so we don't have the winter bills. That means, I REFUSE to haul this junk to whereever else we may go. Especially since our next move may be a trailer. And trailer=NO storage at all! There are about six boxes of books down there-mostly school books that I am thinking of just tossing. We haven't missed them in the two years we have been here-we don't even know what is IN them. If we open them, then I KNOW Matt will start seeing things he 'can't live without' so it might be safer just to put them out in the garbage-unopened. I don't know if I am that brave or not.

Along with the company we are having-I am going to meet Mom tomorrow to get a few things, give a few things, and hopefully, have her return some library books for me. Then toward the end of the week, I have to make a big 'ole shopping excursion. Jo Ann fabrics is stop #1, to purchase some much needed supplies. Stop number 2 is to the used book store to see about a price on some books I want to get rid of...and then it is off to who knows where to find something spectacular to get for my hunny for his birthday (Feb. 13th)

I was unable to get him what he really wanted-so now I am racking my brains for something SPECIAL. I always enjoy surprising him with things he REALLY wants but would never buy for himself or expect from me. I have always been really good at it, but this year I am at a loss. I need to spoil my darling though. That is just the way I am. You would not believe the stress I am putting myself through. He assures me that just making him his favorite cake is the most special gift ever...but, MAN. I would hate myself if that is all I did for him. So-the pressure continues to mount in my head and in my heart. Poor guy. If only I had all the money in the world to get him his greatest desires. He certainly deserves it.

Speaking of Matt-he is heading off for Mexico from February 27th-March 11th. That is only a few weeks before my due date so I am kinda nervous. Not to mention the fact that we will be apart for 13 nights! I don't know WHAT I am going to do without him. Probably put myself into labor because I am so stressed.

On a wonderful note: Matt is at this very minute getting our taxes done. We are anxiously awaiting our tax return-however much it may be. Not many people view tax time as a GOOD time, but with how LITTLE Matt makes and how MUCH is taken out, we always wind up with money back. Sometimes it is good to be poor! ;-)

Finally, I leave you with a link to a site a friend sent to me. I thought some of you might like to look through it-especially you, Jen, since you were looking for activities for playgroups. Hope you all find it as useful as I. (And thanks, Becky, for sending it to me!)

Fun Indoor activities

Have a good week.

(PS~ This past week I got a lot done with scrapbooking-I am nearly caught up with scrapbooking all my past photos!!! I also organized and went through duplicates and set some aside for Corynn and gave others to people then trashed the junkie pictures. That was a major goal of mine-to finish old pictures so I can keep afloat of new baby photos soon. I would be even closer to being finished by now if it were not for the fact that I ran out of glue and photo mount stickers!

My hope for this week and weekend is to get a bit of sewing done. I will post pictures of what I accomplish later next week. I would like to FINALLY make my apron (to match Corynn's), to make a few quilt squares and hotpads, and to extend my pant legs. Muy importante. I may even try to make one of those funky pant leg jean skirts out of the pair of jeans I will be cutting up to extend my regular jeans. We'll see. I also want to de- and re-hem the pair of Matt's suit pants. I botched the job up and need to redo it so he can wear it!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Actually, my hubby did. :-) I don't have a son yet-and I don't have ANY kids old enough to do something crafty with more than just construction paper!

Thanks for stopping by my site, Gena! What a great surprise! :-)

flacius1551 said...

Salad is the classic thing to eat with quiche, actually.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca! I was thinking about you last night wondering how you were doing. Glad to "hear" from you! I love the rolling pin. You have a very talented husband. Wow...you are really on the countdown to baby now aren't you? I can't believe you are almost due and I really can't believe that Lydia is going to be FIVE MONTHS OLD next Tuesday!!!!! Waaaa (that's me crying btw...LOL)why do they have to grow so fast? Are you using cloth diapers or disposables? Just curious. Did you find some twin bedding yet? I have a pretty twin quilt I think in the attic that I used to have on the daybed that you could have if you haven't found anything yet. I will check to make sure I still have it and take a picture if you are interested. I would love to be able to bless you and your sweet girl with it. Let me know. I think you have my email and if not then leave me a comment on my xanga.
Take care!
Jen

Full of Grace said...

I have a few good vegetarian recipes if you ever are interested Rebecca. Have a good visiting week :}

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great rolling pin! Such talent.

My daughter made one of those pants skirts. It turned out really well. I wouldn't use too light of jean for the "center" piece though.

How's the hip pain? I did find another tip...one I just reverted back to because 3 weeks ago I fell and hurt my wrist and hip and I am in some pain...Get one of those little camiping pillows from Wal mart and rest it in between your knees while you sleep. It is just the right size and not too bulky or big to help out with the pain.

I always serve salad with my quiche...and ww rolls also. It makes a great meal!

Have a great week visiting.
Hugs

Paula said...

Thanks for that GREAT LINK for fun indoor activities! I have been reading a GREAT book that I think you will really enjoy (checked it out from the library) called HOME GROWN KIDS by Raymond and Dorthy Moore. I am writing up some stuff about it on my homeschooling blog right now. Also, that book you are reading about T.T.'s life finally arrived today through ILL (from Iowa!) and I am throughouly enjoying it! I have also checked out SEVERAL of her children's books and have been reading them to the children. They are enjoying them!

I hope to get out tomorrow to mail off those boxes of clothes to you. All taped up and ready to go, now it is just a matter of DOING it.

As for vegetarian meals, don't sweat it. I have been a vegetarian for over 6 years now and there are some GREAT recipes out there that are very simple to make. =^) Veggie Lasagna would go wonderuflly with their salad! (although now as I write this, I am thinking you already had this dinner LOL!).

I know how difficult it can be being away from our husbands. My husband had a business trip for two weeks (the longest we have ever been apart since married). And they plan on flying him up again (thankfully only a week) but pretty close to my due date. Thankfully, you have a LOT of friends and family close by to help. That is something lacking over here.

Rebecca said...

First of all-thank you to everyone who told me that salad goes with quiche. I never knew that-and that is a good tidbit to know!

Elizabeth and P~ Any vegetarian recipes would be GREATLY appreciated! I LOVE new recipes...and I am sure Nate and Julie would appreciate it too!

Christi~My hip has gotten MUCH better. I have been sleeping with a pillow between my legs for a while now-and it seems to not only help my hip but also my belly. It would get sore when I would sleep on my side without 'pillow alignment'.

Oh-and P~ One more thing. How do you comment on your blog? I have been trying but can't find the 'post a comment' option. Hmmmmmm.....I have been liking your recent posts!

Paula said...

Rebecca, A friend recommended making it so only members could post a reply (because several nasty comments had been left on her blog). I think I am going to change it back though because you are not the only one who has wanted to comment and has been unable to. I will type up some of my easy fav veggie recipes and send them to you. Let me know when you have that baby and the gender! =^)