What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

13 more days until the Big Haul

Stress. I just finished a baby countdown and now I have started a moving countdown.
Time is slipping away and I am having a HARD time keeping up!

Thirteen more days? Is it possible? Is there enough time to get all that needs to be done finished up? How will I do it all? Not only is it 13 more days (which is NOTHING) but within those 13 days there is a WHOLE lot going on!

*Andrew's Baptism
*Going Away Game Night and Pasta Bar at church
*Going Away party at Matt's work
*Easter!!!
*Mom's Birthday
*Bob's Birthday
*Samuel's Birthday PARTY
*Out of town relatives come to visit (whom I have not seen for YEARS and who Matt has never met in person.)
*2 week Doctor's apt. for Andrew
(and hopefully-one last checkup for Corynn at some point also)
*Prospective renters visiting us and checking out our apartment at random intervals

Can THIRTEEN days contain ALL those things-plus packing tight this apartment PLUS making the most of visiting our friends and family before we move? Not quite sure. Matt assures me that is CAN and WILL-but he is most definately showing signs of stress also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning I worked on packing up Corynn's room some more (my sister came over yesterday to help me with that also). I wanted to organize the toy situation. Blast those people who help to furnish the world's clutter supply with toys that have a bazillion pieces! I spent the morning sorting through farm animals, wild animals, mini dolls and blocks then returning them to their rightful homes before hiding them within a taped cardboard tomb. Oh-but that was AFTER I had them all sorted and was on the way down the stairs when my very full arms decided they were overloaded-with Noah tottering dangerously from heights only to go crashing down the stairs. In my haste to catch the sinking ship, I then hurled Mr. Potato head and his appendages along with the homestead of Old MacDonald. Yes. That was fun! Now that all are SAFELY packed away (with the exception of Noah's grandeur boat which was irrepairably damaged by the great fall-Get it, fall instead of flood!?!?! I crack myself up...), I am on to much more fun things...

Finishing up Andrew's Birth announcements. He is a week old and I still haven't gotten them mailed! Shame on me! It won't be difficult though, since I had all the envelopes stamped and addressed and everything made that COULD be made before he was born. I am off this afternoon to pick up the photo reprints for them and then it is on to putting it all together and stuffing envelopes. I also need to make change of address cards to include in the announcements. I got four rolls of film developedd yesterday (YOWZAS!) and there are a few shots I would like to share here. Since we no longer have a scanner, I purchased a 'cd' along with the film. Unfortunately, as computer illiterate as I am, I can't figure out how to save them to the hard drive. Which means, of course, delay. If Matt helps me I will try and post some tomorrow. After that, I can not guarantee when I will next post. Check back in the beginning of May, for sure. Until then, Happy Easter to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Carmichael Family said...

Wow, that's a lot to fix into just 13 days! I'll be praying that these last 13 days will be a blessing for you and that God will guide you each step of the way in all your packing, birthdays, goodbyes, etc.
Your "Noah and the Great Fall" story definitely made me laugh...I guess Noah's ark just didn't want to go to PA.
I'll be praying for your stability during this time too - I can't even imagine attempting to do all that you're doing right now right after having a new baby.
God bless!
Catherine

Abigail said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That was for you. Vicarious stress relief. :)

I am thinking of you in this busybusy time, and I trust that getting it all done will go just as swiftly as the time in which to do it. If rooting for you from a distance counts for anything, count me in! Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy the fun aspects of your busy 13 days left w/o quietly thinking, "I COULD be at home packing up suchandsuchandsuchandsuch." I'm sure you want to savor the remaining time with family and friends, and I pray that you're given the time to do just that!

P.s. I left a p.s. for you on your last post, too. I'm just full of p.s.'s tonight. Oops. That was NOT intended to be a pun.

Wendy said...

Hi Rebecca...Can I help you somehow?