What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Within four walls

Despite the incriminating photo, Matt has been a super duper help in this whole moving process. Boxes are brimming in each room of the house and our fingers are black with newsprint handling but our spirits are high and progress is being made. Soon and very soon our lives will be changing forever.

Our house has certainly lost it's homey-ness and it is a sad thing too-because this apartment has always felt very homey and comfortable. It was a good house and I will remember it fondly forevermore. These four walls have contained more than just furniture and such things will be the things I love about it most. Our 'Boo' baby, knee-high, with her first wobbly steps has turned into a running, summer-saulting bean of a girl. Our little Peanut, though still a Peanut, has begun his life inside and outside, in the heart of this home.

It has been home to lions, hippies, and peacocks; scrapbookers, not to mention a ridiculous amount of empty bottles of beer on the wall. Many a laugh has leapt joyfully from parted lips. Not as many, but equally important, are the tears that bond one another together. Family and friends-both new and old-have shared in our lives under this roof.

It is sad to leave it, knowing all that these walls contain. And even more sad, is the physical closeness of so many loved ones that we will be leaving behind. Is it possible to pack up our loved ones, like our cherished wedding presents, to beautify our home and lives in Spruce Creek? I am sure Matt would make a LOVELY shelf to display you all on!

I am so grateful though, that the age in which we live, allows for instant access to those we need most by means of internet or (as a last resort, lol) telephone. I am so thankful so many of my friends have blogs. To think, I was once against the whole BLOG thing. Now, more than ever, do I appreciate the many opportunities for sneaking glimpes into everyone's lives.

Monday and Tuesday, our life's possessions are going to be taken to our new home and on Wednesday, Matt will be picking up his truest treasure and our family will fill the car to follow suite. The great beyond. A world yet undiscovered, at least to us.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Rebecca, It will be so sad to see you and your family leave. I have been wanting to invite you over "one last time" but I know that you are in the midst of packing, and cannot spare the time. I am so excited for your new adventure! Now that we know whereabouts you are located, and that we have good friends in that area that we like to visit ...it will be that much easier to make a trip. Perhaps we will have to have a ladies "day trip" and we can all caravan down to see you when you are settled! I cant wait to visit! I am equally excited for you to get to know the church out there. I am sure that you and Ruth Hanson will become fast friends! Its all so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
You are moving to Spruce Creek? That is an hour and a half from me! 78 miles to be exact. That's not far from Altoona where we like to go shopping! I was just kidding about delivering your box of stuff to you but wow I didn't realize you would be THAT close by! I'll be praying for a smooth move for your sweet family!
Jen

betsy said...

Rebecca,
I am praying for you and your family as you make this transition. As I know it is hard packing up all your priceless memories from your apartment, when we moved into our house I found it special during unpacking to think of it as unpacking potential new special memories that were yet to unfold, special blessings God held in store for us as yet to be discovered. May God bless you abundantly during this time.
Love and prayers,
Betsy