What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The First Days of Christmas (1-3)

One the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me........
a partridge in a pear tree!

meaning: Jesus Christ in the manger.

We opened our presents one a time in the morning~ each of us had three (like the three gifts given to Jesus----except (rats!) no gold.) Oh yeah, and poor Judah only got one.








That night we finished the Christmas story, we've been reading the anticipation of it throughout December.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me........
two turtle doves!

meaning: the old and new testaments.



The "fun" activity for today was opening MORE presents, this time at Grandma and Grandpa's house, among them~ a harmonica and two bike horns. My, the music we've been hearing ever since......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me...........
three french hens

meaning: The Holy Trinity and Faith, Hope and Love


Today we celebrated the day by doing something we never do~ watching a movie on a day other than Friday. The Nativity Story to be exact. We really enjoy this movie---and between you and I, I am such a bawlbaby at the part when Jesus is born and Joseph is overcome with joy and it overflows into laughter and tears.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Oh, that picture of Matt looking at Corynn and then giving her a hug... speaking of laughter and tears. I could cry looking at that tender and soft look of love in a father's eye as he looks at his daughter... sniffle.

Bonnie said...

I would bawl too. I can hardly listen to Christmas music without crying!

I have yet to see this, but eventually...

Father's Grace Ministries said...

Such beautiful glimpses into your wonderful Christ-centred Christmas. We have The Nativity Story in our family collection too-and you're not the only one to cry! The only thing I found difficult with the movie was the sound quality (I don't know if it is just our copy or what)- I had to use the subtitles- the background noise would slightly drown out the dialogue during the action scenes, especially during the first half, but I otherwise loved it.
Thankyou for sharing with us all.
Claire