Just a few bullets:
- During prayer and praise time yesterday at church Corynn was thankful that the house is finally clean. That was fun.
- I tried to do family pictures for Christmas cards yesterday 15 minutes before we had to leave for church. Wow, were they B.A.D. I tried to get family pictures last week before church-and never even began because we ran out of time completely. Wondering if I am just not meant to TAKE pictures this year (and inwardly screaming "You were GOING TO TAKE PICTURES FOR THE CHRISTMAS CARD THIS SUMMER, DORK!"
- Home schooling is in full swing again and so house projects are pretty much non-existent for me. I am happy if I manage to tidy the mud room or empty the garbage cans. (See bullet #1)
- All boxes are unpacked except books (they are awaiting bookcase-building in the staircase. I miss our books. I miss having access to them. I miss even just seeing them.
- Judah fell down the stairs last week. Steep, high, wood stairs. From top to bottom. And there was nothing I could do but watch. It was the most awful thing.
- Went to our new library for the first time last Thursday. The new librarian said she will be happy to bypass the 30 book limit for me each week. I love our new librarian.
- I haven't hung any thing on the walls yet. I just can't envision where it all should go. But I *did* hang Christmas lights outside and that bit of "prettying up" was just what I needed.
- Our tub has a picture of a covered bridge on it. Who does that?!
- I wanted to do a completely homemade Christmas gift exchange this year but then we moved and I nixed the idea (one smart thing I have done in my life.) But now, I am really REALLY having the itch to make, make, make so I might be just foolish enough to ignore that one smart thing.) Looking forward to sharing....
- This vintage-curls with no-heat hairstyle tip really works great. Except when a neighbor drops by one morning with your hair still in it, behead and all. (Ask me how I know...) I have since taken to wearing a headscarf. I much prefer to look like a cancer patient than a mangled dog.
- The extra bedroom upstairs was supposed to hold a spare bed, the office desk and my sewing table. It was going to merge the craft/spare room and office of the old house. Except it doesn't fit the spare bed OR the sewing table. That stinks. Not exactly sure what to do about that yet.....
- I have a huge long list of things to do today. And tomorrow. And the rest of the week. SO I better go.