What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, December 05, 2011

Bam Bam!


Just a few bullets:

  • During prayer and praise time yesterday at church Corynn was thankful that the house is finally clean. That was fun.
  • I tried to do family pictures for Christmas cards yesterday 15 minutes before we had to leave for church. Wow, were they B.A.D. I tried to get family pictures last week before church-and never even began because we ran out of time completely. Wondering if I am just not meant to TAKE pictures this year (and inwardly screaming "You were GOING TO TAKE PICTURES FOR THE CHRISTMAS CARD THIS SUMMER, DORK!"
  • Home schooling is in full swing again and so house projects are pretty much non-existent for me. I am happy if I manage to tidy the mud room or empty the garbage cans. (See bullet #1)
  • All boxes are unpacked except books (they are awaiting bookcase-building in the staircase. I miss our books. I miss having access to them. I miss even just seeing them.
  • Judah fell down the stairs last week. Steep, high, wood stairs. From top to bottom. And there was nothing I could do but watch. It was the most awful thing.
  • Went to our new library for the first time last Thursday. The new librarian said she will be happy to bypass the 30 book limit for me each week. I love our new librarian.
  • I haven't hung any thing on the walls yet. I just can't envision where it all should go. But I *did* hang Christmas lights outside and that bit of "prettying up" was just what I needed.
  • Our tub has a picture of a covered bridge on it. Who does that?!
  • I wanted to do a completely homemade Christmas gift exchange this year but then we moved and I nixed the idea (one smart thing I have done in my life.) But now, I am really REALLY having the itch to make, make, make so I might be just foolish enough to ignore that one smart thing.) Looking forward to sharing....


  • This vintage-curls with no-heat hairstyle tip really works great. Except when a neighbor drops by one morning with your hair still in it, behead and all. (Ask me how I know...) I have since taken to wearing a headscarf. I much prefer to look like a cancer patient than a mangled dog.
  • The extra bedroom upstairs was supposed to hold a spare bed, the office desk and my sewing table. It was going to merge the craft/spare room and office of the old house. Except it doesn't fit the spare bed OR the sewing table. That stinks. Not exactly sure what to do about that yet.....
  • I have a huge long list of things to do today. And tomorrow. And the rest of the week. SO I better go.
Ciao.

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yay for bullets! Now for my own:

-No pictures here yet either
-Corynn is hilarious
-I want to see a better picture of your hair
-housework is overrated
-I don't know if our library has book limits
-I finally set up my machine in a semi permanent spot at least until its warm enough to open the back door
- J. has taken to falling off of chairs 5-6 times a day
- A completely handmade doesn't mean it has to be extravagant (says the girl who just went crazy with a Sunday School lesson)
Thats all, for the moment. I apologize for no letter yet, its all in my head, but for some reason, not making its way to paper...

Unknown said...

Why does your daughter have a bird on her head? Did I miss that in the bullets? ;) Ahh...the nosy person in me loves this post! Can't wait to see what you create!! :)

Debbie said...

Glad to see that you are mostly unpacked. ;) You, being the wonderfully creative person that you are, will figure something out with that room.

Be blessed!

Bonnie said...

How hard would it be for Matt to build a Murphy bed for Spare 'Oom???

Rebecca said...

Bonnie~ did I tell you we called it that?

Because we totally do!

(Not sure what a Murphy bed is....oops.)

Bonnie said...

No, you didn't. Must be our brains connecting again. (did you feel any lightning bolts or shocks lately? What am I thinking right now?)
A Murphy bed as a bed that folds up- sometimes into a wall, or a WarDrobe, or a repurposed dresser, or it just folds up. As in straight up and down, or on its side. Handy for small spaces that are otherwise needed when
no-one is sleeping in them.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Laughed out loud at Corynn's praise. Take heart that "Tidy" is the norm according to your daughter -- gold star for you!

Hope Baby J has only minor boo-boos.

I love wandering your blog as you tell the tale of a life lived in the palm of His hand. So sweet!

: D

p.s.
Hope your bookcases materialize soon. Life without books at hand is unimaginable! ; )

Full of Grace said...

Couldn't stop grinning over Corynn's exhultation at church :)

Abigail said...

Love that bird on her little head.
(Actually, I love her little head more than the bird, and I was actually referring to my appreciation of the picture as a whole, but all clarity flees when I try to write comments.)

In case you hadn't noticed, brevity flees at the same time.

:)

p.s. I have loved your hair for two straight Sundays. It's enough to make me want to curl my and all the girlies' hair for more than holidays and circus parties.