What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, January 04, 2013

Shiny

Tomorrow is our Newman-side-of-the-family Christmas, which means I can still blog Christmas things and not feel guilty about it.  This is good because I happen to have (more than) a few Christmas-y pictures from a visit to a local museum in December.

Art.  History.  Trains. Christmas. A Mansion.  All wrapped up in a billion shiny bows.  I went with my sister and her littles and by the end of the night, was thirsty from all my drooling.

I love how Andrew has his arm around his sister.  Awww.  Sweet brother.


My train boy was in his glory.




Lots of displays about how different countries celebrate Christmas.  I loved Denmark.

Then there was the MANSION part.  A real home, once upon a time.  Unfathomable (to me, the peasant class.)






I want this for my home.




This one too. 

Blurry- but it is all of us.  The museum must have been quaking in their boots when they saw us walking in!  
I spent my New Years Day de-sparkling the place...such a sad, plain, empty space it is now.  Without all the glitter- it was easy to spot all the dust bunnies and cobwebs from a month (or two) of neglect so I charged after them. I moved furniture and mopped under it all.  Washed walls and windowsills.  Sorted.  Polished.  Shined.   It felt glorious to start the new year with clean, fresh slate.  And when I was done, I realized the house looked sparkly again-just in a different sort of way.

Been thinking about the future a bit too and all my hopes for the new year.  I'll share them one of these days.  I don't know about you, but I think that this time of year is just plain fun.  Brimful of possibilities, life is.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Okay totally bazar to see that mansion. I had a dream about that place not long ago, and I had no idea it existed in real life.
That's a little twilight zone-ish...

debbie said...

whats the name of it would love to see it

Full of Grace said...

Jealous of all the beauteous photos you got- I am calling a "date" with you a little less than a yr from now to do this again, and this time with my camera in hand!! :)

Full of Grace said...

Oh, and is it me, or do Christiana and Judah look alot like lately?? :)

Rebecca said...

Bonnie~ that is STRANGE. And spooky. And, actually kinda cool. You really ARE A mindreader.

Debbie- it is called Roberson's but it is decked out in its' finest only at the holidays. I've not been any other time so I don't know just how shiny it is throughout the year.

Elizabeth- yes. It's a date!

Leah T. said...

My mom and I went to that beautiful mansion at Christmas-time YEARS ago. It was amazing!

I can't believe how your children and Elizabeth's children have grown!!! Miss you both!!!