What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, October 17, 2014

Flying By
























I saw a bald eagle the other day, perched on a limb within the blazing fire of a soft maple.  There it sat, so large and stately- a bit of white separated by two feet of black.  I tried to sneak up on it and wasn't the least bit surprised when it didn't let me get halfway across the field before soaring majestically away.  Even still, you can't help but stand a little bit taller and smile a little bit broader after having seen one of these beauties.

Unlike the photo further up in the post of a sky filled with turkey vultures circling our house.  That is a far less majestic experience.

My heart is heavy today- reading this...about this.

It hurts to know that there are women aching with the knowledge of what they are about to do and babies dying and women pining to just be able to HAVE that baby, hold that baby, love that baby- all of these realities happening at the very same time in this very same world, maybe even in the very same towns-but without being able to connect together and work together for good.  It hurts to hear the compliments women give to women who are considering terminating a life.  Brave?  Healthy?  Beautiful?  It pains me to see the agendas and the lies and the justifications and the abhoring of life that is so prevalent in peoples' minds.  Oh- this world that we live in.  It can be so beautiful and it can be so foul.

I've tried to connect with scaredthrowingaway.   I've pleaded with her, begged her to let me have her baby instead of taking the life from her baby- oh what joy that would be!- but the moderators on the site delete all the pro-life comments and she likely won't see mine either.  I don't know her but I know there are women out there who are just like her....wishing it didn't have to happen but not thinking there is any other way.  I also know that I am here- arms empty and heart open and longing to change the fate of these precious children...ready to give them a life filled with love and beauty and to protect them from the foul.

If only our aching souls could unite to do something good for the world, her and I.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous fall colors. I miss the rolling hills in the Eastern States ... golden aspens are pretty gorgeous though here in CO...I just have to actually drive to get to the colors.

Renata said...

It breaks my heart to read that. The many times I have begged God for another precious blessing to love and raise...it all seems far too unfair. All we can do is pray for her and that she changes/ed her mind. How sad that not only is she taking a life, but she is scarring her own too.

Your pictures are beautiful. The autumn colours are amazing there!
Blessings
Renata:)

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling all too well, there's many childless women like me that have begged the Lord to bless them with children soon but it seems such an empty prayer that will never get heard. Then I read things like these and I can't help but be angry at the opportunities some people are given and they choose to throw it away.

Thank you for your beautiful pictures! I don't comment too often if ever! But I so enjoy reading your blog.

-Ruthie

Unknown said...

So sad! :(


I just adore the photo of your four kiddos on the pumpkins! Lovely!