What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, January 17, 2019

First Things First


You know what the very first thing I did in 2019 was?  

(I mean besides brushing my teeth, feeding this tribe breakfast, getting clothes on myself and the Not-Quite-Baby and all that manual labor that is required daily...)  (hmph!  Clothes! posh!)

I organized all the drawers in the kitchen.  Threw extra utensils (probably not enough) into donation bags.  Dumped all the crumbs piling up in the corners. Gave a tour to the children of how I want things returned to the drawers.  

It is strange I know, but it gave me a serious sense of accomplishment and joy to have every drawer full of utensils facing the same direction. 

(My 2019 resolutions and 2018 reflections post coming soon...)

4 comments:

Making Cents Of It All said...

I did the same thing. I know it won't last long but it is making me so happy at the moment. I have no clue how i ended up with 8 ice cream scoopers.

Rozy Lass said...

Oh I know the feeling. I tried to instill in our children the feeling that a clean home is a happy home! After we'd get the dishes done and the kitchen all put to rights I'd stand there and proclaim, "I just love a clean kitchen!" Now that they are all adults and living on their own in various situations I think they understand and appreciate all I did to train them in the ways of housekeeping. Keep up the good work!

Rain said...

Makes sense to me!

Rebecca said...

Making Cents of It All- why because you have your priorities right! ;-)

Rozy- this may be a lesson they appreciate more AFTER the fact. :-)

Rain- great minds think alike!