What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Procrastination is Key (and an Evening Stroll)



This week is the finish line for the homeschool year.  Portfolios must be done by Monday and paperwork submitted by the end of next week.  My goal every year, of course, is to set things aside for the portfolio as the year progresses.  Wouldn't that make things so much easier?  Why yes, yes it would.  A novel idea, for sure.  AND YET, never have I ever done that.

So, like the haze left from the Canadian wildfires, I search through the smog of this past year for proof that this was a year full of learning and growing, knowledge and maturation.  (I don't remember what I did last week, let alone last year sooooooo....)

It only makes sense, then, that I procrastinate from this very  necessary (and fast approaching) deadline by blogging photos of an evening stroll.  Incidentally, I didn't want to do that either- (I was so tired.  It was a long day.  I just wanted ice cream. And to put my feet up.) but I was better for it in the end.  

Maybe portfolios are like that too?












WHO taught him that trick?


(Oh, he thinks he is SOOOOOO hilarious.)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel as energized by posting them as I did by looking at them! Daisies make the BEST pictures. Love.
another Rebecca

Abigail said...

Procrastination is key, indeed (sez the girl who just spent 4 hours weedwacking at her mother's house to avoid giving a CAT test to her son who's never taken one before).

Your procrastination is lovely, lady, and you'll not hear one complaint! I especially love that picture of Cece and Ineke holding hands. Those girls are sweetness itself.

And the photo of you and Moses should be framed. <3

Rebecca said...

Rebecca- I am glad! They did make me happy. Can't wait to see you sooN!

Abby- Kindred spirits. Except even your procrastination is godly service to others! Sheesh. ;-)

Abigail said...

HA. Riiiiight.
What I didn't mention is that I had already used up all of my other means of more pleasant procrastination. That was my Very Last Resort.

Abigail said...

p.s.
Ask me if I've submitted them yet.
Go ahead.
Just ask.