What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, January 10, 2005

In Sickness and in Health

I haven't been to the doctor's for myself or my needs for several years now (besides pregnancy...). I was just about to get prideful when it all came crashing back down on me. After feeling poorly (meaning-about to die) for about three days now, I finally decided to take the leap, swallow my pride, and head to the doctor's. He said that not only did I have the flu-it was compounded by a sinus infection, a double ear infection, and.....PINK EYE! Oh joy.
My only saving grace has been Matt. He has had to eat french toast or homemade pizza quite a bit these days...and when I was hardly strong enough to pick myself up, let alone Corynn, he took control. The other day after kissing me on the mouth (knowing full well how rotten I was feeling) I said to him-"You just committed yourself to getting sick now!" He responded...."I am just fulfilling my vow to love you in sickness and in health." What true devotion. What love. What a guy! And when he gets sick and I must nurse over him-you all will now know why!

5 comments:

Scott M Terry said...

Hope you feel better Lady Newman. I can fix that eye if Matt can hold you down:) I promise to use the small needle.

Matt said...

Good news Scott, she agreed!! Bring some amoximast with you too. I'm still not sure how someone gets pink eye in the middle of winter.

Leah said...

Oh, Rebecca, I do hope that you get better soon! I'm glad you decided to go to the doctor. Hopefully whatever meds he gave you will have you feeling back to normal soon.

Get a good night's sleep!

Abigail said...

I knew something dire would happen as soon as I first set eyes on your PINK blog. Pink eye is only the first of many pink ailments to follow. (And I keep waiting for the polka-dot pox to strike me down.)

I hope you mend quickly! Drink sweet tea and rest rest rest as much as your Corynn allows... (By the way, Millie was carrying Corynn around in her fist today. I don't pretend to fully understand how she did it, but Corynn midgetized, became invisible, and played with Millie for a bit today.)

Rebecca said...

Ugh! No way Scott. I have a hard enough time putting DROPS in my eyes! Thanks for all the well wishes though. I'll kick this thing soon enough...

As for Millie~I often wonder what you have done to give her such a wonderful imagination and ability to conjure up such great fantasies. Did you do anything-or did it just happen (I have a hard time believing that!) but-YOU THE BOSS! ;-)