What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, March 24, 2005

"Helping Hands"

This past week has been a remarkable eye-opener for me that my little girl is growing up. She is becoming much more independent and so MUCH more helpful! She tries to put her shoes on herself, she throws things away for me, she will give things to her Daddy when I ask, even though she might want them for herself. Posted are some pictures of her playing "Mama" with her baby doll. She has also been known to do some dusting, sweeping, and "mopping" (washing the floor with water...) A regular Cinderella we are raising here! :-) Whenever I have groceries she takes each item out of the bag and hands it to me saying "He"-translated, "Here!"
Just last night she "set" the table for me-ceramic plates, silverwear, napkins, and her sippy cup. Of course, they weren't put into place settings or anything, she just piled them up there-but I am so proud of this accomplishment! Not just that she was careful, but that she WANTED to help me.
It is very exciting to see children who can barely ( if at all) talk-obey and help by doing things. Before Matt was a "veteran" parent, he was flabbergasted when we went to visit Owen's at the birth of their 2nd...and Millie was asked to throw a daiper away-and then she did! Now he sees such remarkable happenings each and every day. I hope to never lose such a fascination for the large accomplishments of the little people. Because little doesn't last forever....

No comments: