What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, April 10, 2009

Viruses



As if feeling poorly myself wasn't enough, the night of my last post we were hit by a virus of another sort. The kind that finds its host not the warm blooded, but in cold, heartless black screens and hard drives. A worm that devours and regurgitates computer systems for supper, had it's feast on mine. And then enjoyed leftovers for the following week.

My computer has not fully recovered yet, and may never be the same. I know I wouldn't be if I were eaten from the inside out.



I figured I might better post something before my computer realizes it is actually working, especially since my last post was written as it was. I wouldn't want you to think I had up and died or something.

We are well. Chilly but well.



In my blogging absence....

~ Panda went and moved further along into boyhood, celebrating his third birthday. He has never once looked back.

~I planted buttercups, grape hyacinths and transplanted irises right in the doorway so that, eventually, you'll have to walk through a flower tunnel just to get in! (What a lovely thought!)

~I started seeds...lots of seeds.

~I cleaned out my potting shed work area. Next stop~the fun part. Making it not just tidy-but MINE.

~I discovered a few random bulbs around the yard that I didn't put there. I'll be digging them up and putting them where they can be seen too.

~Homemade lemonade is now in rotation. Warmer weather MUST be on its way!

~I hosted my first outdoor luncheon of the year, to celebrate my parents' 34th wedding anniversary. Chickens clucked at our feet.

~My sewing machine was returned to me in good working order. Turns out, it just needed cleaning and some minor adjustments made. (Too bad it took four months to finally figure that out... Please. DON'T ASK)

I bet you can guess what I am going to be doing this afternoon......
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Andie said...

I am SOO glad you are back! I was truly worried about you! Glad it was only your computer that was majorly sick, and not you. Computers are a great tool, and it's very inconvenient when they are down!! Panda looks so cute in his photo shoot!! Happy Birthday little guy!!
Blessings-Andie

Jill in PA said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! Happy Easter!
Jill

Peggy said...

OH, it is so good to hear from you and know that it is only your computer, not you who was "ill". I got your lovely letter! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Alas the video driver went on "my" laptop (actually its my husband's that he used for college). It will be pricey to repair but far cheaper than to replace it w/ a new one which has the same capabilities. I am hoping to sit down to write letters this evening as the guys are all at Taekwon Do class. Oh, Panda is so adorable w/ his hat! I love it.

Have a lovely weekend and have a blessed Easter as we remember our risen Lord and Saviour!

Jerelene said...

I am so glad you're back..I missed you!! Sorry for the computer virus..those are bad news!! Love seeing the chickens running around in the background. Adele looks adorable riding around in the carrier. I bet she loves that!! Have fun on the sewing machine :)

Nanci said...

Hooray for the recovered Sewing Machine!!!!!

Abigail said...

I don't even want to ask if any of your pictures were eaten, but

WERE they?!

I feel even more guilty about not having backed up any of mine yet. We need to be accountability partners, for sure...

A Happy Wife said...

Rebecca,

I'm so glad that you're feeling better...you have a wonderful helper...but it just isn't the same when "Momma" gets sick!

I'm delighted that your machine is also back to normal...I was worried when you mentioned it was not working that it would be a costly repair. I so hoped it wouldn't be. Please share your projects with us!

Have a blessed Easter.
Kris Zerby

Faye said...

CINDY,LOVE THE PICKS!HAVE A GREAT DAY! BLESSINGS, FAYE

Bonnie said...

Hooray for working sewing machines!
Mines been getting a good work out here lately.
I L-O-V-E your skirt! Where did you get it? If you say the thrift store or clearanCE, I might have to scream.
Glad you're back, and tomorrow, I will be back too. Maybe, I hope.