The baby got fed. School got done in RECORD time, with record smiles. Baby got fed. I caught the bunny (both living and dust). 52 pick up is a fun game for a not-quite-two year old. Clothes to put away means clean clothes to wear. And absence makes the heart grow fonder.
It's all in how you look at things.
Looking at the otherside of the coin today, revolting against my natural inclination.
There is SO much good.
(If I can muster nothing else for the week, I am glad for this time of blogging especially. A wonderful summary of my very blessed weeks, each and every one.)
- an afternoon at Newman park, a.k.a our yard
- long grass
- bake-able clay
- prodigal rabbits
- three loads washed and dried in a blissfully sunny day
- Grandpa-made maple syrup
- school mornings that fly by
- king size blankets on queen size beds
- bedhead this cute
- matched socks
- freshly vacuumed carpets
- hot water, cold water. RUNNING water.
- kerchiefs holding back wisps
- the first frost~ the ending of garden chores
- caramel apple dip
- cows that HAVEN'T gotten out
- 10 more (and younger!) chickens, for FREE!
- basking in the sunshine
- holding Matt's hand during church
- a babywrap that can get a baby to sleep in about 5.3 seconds flat
- baby burps, when they actually come. (I can't burp a baby for the life of me.)
- Matt saying "Can I hold you?" in the deep hush of darkness
- barn windows lit in the darkness of morning~ a man doing chores
- big tarps
- another layer for the lasagna garden
- eskimo kisses
- creamy zucchini soup on a chilly evening
- the sparkle of my ring; 8 years later I still steal glances
- book sales
- clothing cast-offs
- a truckbed of leaves to play in
- wooden spool garland lining the office
- Modest Mussorgsky during dinner
- Watching Corynn and Andrew dance together~they do it better than Matt and I
- pizza with bacon, a treat!
- cinnamon rolls on a Saturday morning
- pigs, romping and racing like children.
- seeing my reflection in his eyes
- The Waltons, borrowed from the library. (I COVET that house.)
- feasting, in our own way
#599 ~ #640 bits of grace to fill my days.