So much to blog, so little time. Here is a bullet post, getting me not-quite-but-still-closer-to up to date.
* I got the worlds BEST Christmas present this year. I'll be showing it to ya but it deserves a post all its own. *sigh*
* I am having a very hard time getting back on board with schooling. Methinks I need to revise my plans a bit or just....get serious about it all again.
* This "little" guy just upgraded to 12-18 month clothes and could really use a diaper upgrade too, but that would put him in size 4 diapers-just one smaller than Adele' is in and I can't seem to bring myself to do it. He just turned four months old....like, four days ago. Kill me now.
* It has been a cold winter but not snowy at all here. We haven't had a single snow that has covered the ground and lasted more than a few hours. This has been great since Matt is away so often and I (cough, cough) don't know how to run the tractor.
*Speaking of which~ Matt was out of town this week, but came home earlier than expected last night. Because he told me AHEAD of time instead of scaring the bajeebers out of me, I made him scalloped potatoes and ham, apples and onions, and green beans to welcome him home. Home cooking, it gets them every time.
* Poor kidlet is teething...
....and teething some more.
And, oh yeah, trying to sit up...
Is it me or is he doing everything so much faster than he ought? Can't he stay (relatively) little for a while?!?! Sheesh.
* It might be because I don't fit into anything these days or it might be because I haven't sewn anything in a while, but I am getting an itch to make myself something to wear. Since every single attempt to make my own clothes have failed, I wonder...do I dare?!
* I haven't written a real letter in ages and my fingers are itching to do that too.
* I am *not* itching to look through the seed catalogs that have made their way to my doorstep. The after-Christmas winter months are the only slow(er) months I have, gotta enjoy them as much as I can.
*I made lunch the other day while the girls looked on and I thought it was so stinkin' cute how snuggled into one another they were. Love that.
* Watched Christmas Story on Netflix the other day (not to be confused with A Christmas Story, as I am likely one of the few (only?) people who actually dislike that movie...) and was inspired by all their clothing. It is set in Finland. Enough said. I now want to make myself a woolen cloak. And some for the girls too. *swoon* I wonder if they are actually warm?
* I *think* I have found a solution to the Foto Friday dilemma. Kinda excited about it. You'll be hearing about it soon, if anyone remembers Foto Friday??
*Also-have not forgotten about the 3rd installment of Ask Rebecca, though I am pretty sure everyone ELSE has. It is coming. This I promise.
* Anyone who thinks outdoor dogs have it rough don't know what they are talking about.
* Started Little House in the Big Woods as the family read aloud a week ago and am, again, surprised at how many times pioneers were in life-threatening situations. And were thankful for any food they got. Roasted pig tails anyone? ick.
*Right now, *I* am reading Letters the an American Lady by C.S.Lewis and All is Grace by C.H.Spurgeon. And a few sewing books. And the Pioneer Lady (not to be confused with the Woman) cookbooks. Investigating rabbit stew. (deep breathes...)
~And finally, I leave you with a few Andrew-isms:
The kids were eating lunch and debating over the best way to eat a sandwich. Andrew nibbles the entire outside first, Corynn eats it from the top down and Adele eats the insides out and the crusts last. Andrew, very convincingly says:
"It's better to eat the BARK first and the rest after that...."
We were listening to Johnny Cash the other day (yes, we listen to Johnny Cash. Fiddler on the Roof. Sound of Music. and Johnny Cash. thankyouverymuch) when the song "Busted" came on. It is a sob story about a guy who hasn't got any money, food, etc. so Andrew pipes up from the backseat:
"Hey Mama! When I bought me pig yast year, den I wuz busted! You know why? Becuz mine cowbank was all empty! I was busted."
His huge round eyes and cowboy drawl and seriousness as he spoke added to the hilarity. So maybe it isn't quite as funny typed out. Guess you had to be there.