Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Bullets Flying (and a million things)
* Today is Wednesday. I have NO IDEA where the week went! Not to mention- it is now November. I have no idea where the YEAR went.
* Something funky happened to the scarf I am knitting-but I am not sure what, or why, or how to fix it. What's a girl to do then? Well, I don't know about other girls but I know what *I* am going to do. Ignore it!
* Tonight I am making sloppy joe for dinner. I secretly (or not so secretly) add oatmeal to my sloppy joe to make it extend further (a nice little trick I learned from you Mrs. B!).
* Last night for dinner I made a dutch meal made of mashed beets and potatoes with bacon. Along with it I served pickles and applesauce. After we had nearly licked our plates clean I realized that the meal consisted solely upon things I had grown right down to the bacon (I found one lone package of bacon from our own pigs way at the bottom of the freezer when I cleaned it out a while back.) I love it when that happens.
* I am going to try to overwinter the hibiscus tree I got for $6.00 this spring. I brought it in when it got so cold and it thanked me with a gorgeous display of blooms.
* Yesterday I was taking a shower in the morning and THREE people had to come use the bathroom while I was in it. Three. (And no- I don't take crazy long showers.) I hate having only one bathroom.
* Judah used a sharpie on my coffee table this week. The girls broke a stained glass lamp that I bought before I was married. The arm of our big chair is shredded. The couches require you to strategically locate yourself so as not to fall into a hole. (Made, probably, by bouncing children.) The lid to the toybox hangs by a thread. Oh yeah! The light fixture globe in the kitchen shattered recently too-thanks to a broom-baring bear. I am feeling pretty overwhelmed that everything in this house feels...junky. I have decided to save up my consignment shop money to buy some new-to-us furniture. Some day. (Hopefully soon.) Not sure what to do with the children who do the ruining though.
* My house is a wreck. I am not sure how it got that way but I have to do something about it. Yesterday I tackled the school room and mudroom. But I REALLY need to tackle the Spare Oom because that is the worst. Living in a disorderly, over-filled home makes me feel twitchy and makes my life feel chaotic. SO- yeah. That is on my short list of things to do.
* This afternoon I have got to finish canning the last of the apples from our trees. Tomorrow I am picking up Crispins by the bushel for fresh eating through the winter. The crispins are large and delicious...and will take up enough room without having the last remaining few buckets worth of small, ugly tree apples lying around. It is going to be a busy night.
* Matt officially stopped shaving about two weeks ago and his face now sports an official BEARD. Right now it is in the sexy stage. Not far behind this stage is the "Middle-Aged Arab" stage which I am not looking forward to. (Needless to say.)
* Due to the above bullet, I must get our family pictures done SOON (for Christmas cards) before the next beard stage sets in.
* Speaking of hair... all the boys are desperate for haircuts. Better not do that tonight though. Applesauce. Hair. Ewwww.
* Can you tell I am feeling the strain of a never-ending TO-DO list? Lots of things to do. Things that should have been done yesterday. Things that will need to be done tomorrow. Things that will be needing to happen soon...
* I am continuing to work on my Christmas list... I am still in the writing the list phase and not in the actual MAKING things stage. Which brings me full circle to where I began. It is November already!