I don't have much to write about this week, money-wise. We had a dentist appointment and a chiropractor appointment, I mailed off Christmas cards and didn't really do much in the way of saving...so I am feeling a wee bit broke right about now- and not at all frugal.
The one great thing I can write about is the abundance of food given to us this week!- and all of it MEAT!
* A friend gave us over 16 pounds of venison (already ground up!) that I was able to put in the freezer.
* My sister and bro-in-law gave us over 5 pounds of excess ground beef (for the freezer) and a full gallon bag of pulled pork which we snarfed up immediately. They also gave us a large tub of pico de gallo which was a wonderful, WONDERFUL taste of fresh tomato that we have been enjoying each evening.
* A neighbor brought us a Christmas ham in thanks for something we did for him this year. Very unexpected, very unnecessary, but a very wonderful surprise!
* Washed up another bunch of food grade buckets that I picked up for free last Saturday.
* Worked on more Christmas presents with supplies I had on hand.
That's about it besides the many usual things I always do to save money that come second nature to me and that seem like a waste to write and rewrite each Friday.
Finances on Friday posts have been fun to do (and helpful!) but very time-consuming and, very likely, BORING for anyone reading this blog. Even me at times. I've been thinking that perhaps a monthly financial post is better suited for this blog than a weekly one. It will be less commitment on my part, less boring on your part and hopefully just as helpful in keeping my head in the financial game. You can expect that starting January.
This weekend a big snowstorm is expected to come through. I think I may have sung "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" a WEE bit too loudly today. Guess I better hunker down under a blanket for the weekend. Oh dear...what a shame. ;-)