What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Living

 
 
 

 









 
 












Frozen bits of blue remind me of the blue mouths and fingers and quiet buzzing around my head of blue-berry picking last summer.

Boys will be boys. 

Laundry.  Too much laundry.

Jenga barns and castles.

Clementines.  Oh, clementines.  How I love thee.

Streams babbling in excitement, just like me.

Blue skies.  Outside, calling for me.

Trampoline jumping, chicken chasing, scooter racing, husband snuggling, yummy coleslaw that looks like summer.

Winter was long and with its' bitter cold days and even more freezing nights, we never got sick once, not a single one of us.  I guess the germs were hibernating (or frozen solid).   So that is one winter thing I am thankful for.  And the fact that we had a house when others did/do not.  And the fact that we some how scrounged enough wood to get through the looooong winter when we ran out of wood in January.  And that Matt was safe on the roads, even driving through ice storms and snow squalls.  I am thankful for plenty of winter things.

But I have to say~
I am so happy, so happy, to be over the hump of winter. 

Welcome, blue skies!! 

Never leave me again.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sooo glad to see spring slowly creeping in, as well! :) Lovely photos!

I already went back to blogging, albeit in a different form... :D

www.theycallmemommywithapileofbooks.blogspot.com

:D

Bonnie said...

The Jenga tower is awesome! And I am thoroughly impressed with that cake, lovely pictures, all. Hallelujah for spring!!!!!!

Rain said...

Amen to that! This was indeed a looooooong winter here in upstate NY. Lovely pictures. I love that owl cake with the mouse!

Miranda Hupp said...

I just love seeing your pictures. :)

beth said...

ditto what miranda said. peace & beauty.

Anonymous said...

Love the cake! You are so talented.

Full of Grace said...

Loved all the pictures, but I am IN AWE of that Cake! It was AMAZING!!! My favorite of the ones you've made I think! LOVE IT!!! :)

Theresa said...

Love that cake. Great job!

BajaManna said...

You've got a duck basket, and I have a chicken basket! They bring delight to the kitchen, no?

terricheney said...

Who oh who could that Jenga barn full of cows belong to? It made me smile. Love it!

Abigail said...

My favorite cake yet! Love it!

The mouse addition was a touch of magic.