What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, November 13, 2014

A New Dawn







I know it seems that every time I blog, I am blogging sunrise pictures but that is because every morning there is a new one!  I never tire of watching that deep black turn to lavendar turn to flaming pink and then golden orange.  

I am in the home stretch of the Schoolhouse Review Crew Season and boy, am I going out with a bang! Three reviews in one week! 
Yikes.
Frazzled.
Bleary Eyed.
Sick of being in front of a computer.
Overwhelmed a bit more than a bit.

But tomorrow is the last review I must do for the year (yippee yai kai YAY!!!!!) and I decided against signing up for another round next year.  It was great to receive free products (super great!) and it was neat to be introduced to some products that are now (and will ever be) a part of my homeschool arsenal and everyone associated with the Old Schoolhouse was super kind but it was A LOT more work than I thought it would be!  And a lot more time-consuming than I thought.  And, on top of it all, I didn't like the feeling of turning my happy, pretty corner of the internet into a bulletin board of product reviews.

If you can hang on until the end of the week, it will all be over soon!  One more to go...just one more to go.

I can't promise I won't ever do a review again... but if I do, they will be gentle and (very) occasional and only after having been chosen with particular care.  Because one thing I learned with my experience with the Review Crew is that being frugal is one thing- but TIME IS ALWAYS MORE VALUABLE THAN MONEY.  Something that, somewhere along the way, I might have forgotten.

All this to say, I want to THANK YOU, my sweet readers... for visiting me here, for putting up with my shenanigans, these reviews and my experiments in frugality and for hanging on through it all...even the bits that aren't quite your style or, it turns out, mine.

I just want you to know that I so appreciate your visits to this place and the opportunity to share these bits of my life- and so enjoy the comments you often leave me.... little threads of friendship that make this life more beautiful and all the more sweet.    Thanks for that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

Please don't apologize for reviews. I have learned about some nice products too, though we do not homeschool. I will never begrudge you using your blog to get school supplies for your children for free. Anyone can see you are a hard working family with a single income. Money does not grow on trees and so we all do what we can to supplement our income. If you decide it is time consuming it is another thing, but readers should never decide that. I so appreciate your blog even though I rarely comment. We don't see eye to eye on many things, but I like how honest, hard working and principled you are and enjoy the pictures. My only gripe is you do not post enough recipes and of course a book list. :)

Lydia

Renata said...

Hi Rebecca
I too felt much the same at the end of last year (2013)'s review year, but I have signed up again this year because my children begged me to & I really found the reviews helpful when I was looking at curriculum. I find I don't tend to read the review posts until I'm actually searching for something in particular & then I love review posts!
Your sunrise photos are beautiful! I had to get up to milk the cow super early the other morning & while the sun was already up ( it gets up really early here in summer) the sky was a beautiful red blush all over it!
Have a lovely day & enjoy your break from reviewing :)
Blessings
Renata:)

Miranda Hupp said...

It is so time consuming. I thought about not doing it next year but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I do need to get back to regular blogging and not just reviews all the time.

Unknown said...

Hey!! I don't post often but just wanted you to know that I love your blog and greatly appreciate the review of Purposeful Design. I ordered a copy for each of my nieces as a part of their Christmas gift.

You are right about time being so precious!! Just wanted you to know of the two little lives you have touched. ~Leslie Fay

Rosemary said...

I love visiting here. I check-in each day.

terricheney said...

I've spent the past few weeks slipping out of bed before dawn in order to watch the gorgeous start to each day. And in evening, I watch the sunset.

Beautiful tribute to your Opa above. Re-reading some old letters from 2004 I spoke of spending time with my Granny, feeling time was short. I had her another 7 years, the last lost to Alzheimer's.