It took printing out the graph 7 times and then gluing the repeats in order on a piece of construction paper for me to finally get the colorwork of this bonnet right. I wisened up after the 6th or 7th try and too many times ripping out rows (and rows) of stitches. (I am slow learner, apparently.) I have finished the colorwork portion now so I am hopefully optimistic that it will be smooth sailing from here on out and that I might even get this project done before it is too small for Ineke.
I decided that I would absolutely not start any more projects until I get rid of some (or all) of my WIPs lingering in baskets by the couch. And then I saw two pesky remnants of yarn that kept tangling up in my project yarn so I whipped up an earwarmer for Corynn with them. Nothing fancy- just something to get those yarn bits out of the basket. Of course, then Adele' thought she might need an earwarmer too-so she has put in an order for one as well...rainbow colored.
Then I got to thinking I might like to make a few festive dishrags to give to a few galpals for Valentine's Day. This one is awfully cute. Putting off the WIP's for a week wouldn't hurt, surely. I can focus on them next week. ;-)
I'm reading We Didn't Know They Were Angels by Doris Greig. It is a book about Christian hospitality on loan from my mother several months ago. She has asked about it a few times so I think I had better set aside my other reads for the time being and focus on getting this book done. Like yarn things, I also tend to have a pile of different books I am working on all at the same time.
It seems like my life right now might lack a bit of....focus. ;-)