What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

All In A Week

In addition to having a baby, coming home from the hospital, taking birth announcement photos AND getting baptized, Moses' first week of life ALSO included a *real* birthday celebration for Corynn and Judah (who had graciously put it off for a few days to welcome their almost-birthday-twin). 

I figure, we might as well be honest with Moses from the get-go about what kind of family he was born into...

A few pictures from that first week to finish off the majorly outdated photos. (I think.)



So many wonderful tomatoes this year and yet, only a few batches canned.  We ate most of them, canned a few batches and then let too many rot because of Cricket.  (I can blame him because he is too small to be offended.)


Andrew took this shot of a hummingbird.  It's a hummdinger!



Color-coordinated snacktime.






This lady.  THIS LADY came to my house on the day we were discharged from the hospital, left a huge basket of goodness for the WHOLE family to nibble on and drool over, stuck a sunflower in the middle of my island and.......

(brace yourselves...)

.... cleaned my KITCHEN for me.

It was the best gift I could ever have received that day.  For that, I will love her always.



BIRTHDAY PRESENT TIME!  Woot Woot!  And since Papa was home for Cricket- they got to open them during the DAY instead of at night right before bed! 

Double Woot Woot!


Judah requested a dragon cake with fruit roll ups for his 9th birthday.


Corynn, being a much more sensible girl at sweet-sixteen, chose apple crisp.

And for that, I will love her forever.  I would take applecrisp over cake any 'ol birthday of the week.





Because I must have been in a cloud of postpartum sleep deprivation, I put 10 candles on her dessert.  She politely mentioned that the candle count was wrong and so I grabbed three more. 

Because 13 must have equaled 16 in my mind. 

What a good sport she is.



More presents!    Lucky geese!



Matt made me delicious breakfasts every morning of that first week.  Why, oh WHY did he have to go back to work?!?!

First porches are superb for postpartum recovery.




And I will leave you with the sweetest sight in the world.  

You're welcome!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Aww. That last photo is just lovely. <3 Moses is just precious.

Elisabeth said...

Those last pictures remind me of my older brothers holding our youngest. Big brothers are the best. They can be so sweet sometimes.

Mary P said...

Wow! Quite a week! So sweet to see your older ones love for baby Moses. Bless you and your family.

Abigail said...


Three of these pictures took my breath away-- the second one of Ineke & Moses on the bed, the one of you & Moses on the porch bed, and the one of Andrew & Moses.
So beautiful.

A fourth picture kind of took my breath away, too, but only because I am craving sugar like a fiend right now. I actually opened up the cake picture for a closer view so that I could see what kind of candy you used! Runts-- a classic and an old favorite. I approve. ;)