What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Field Trip to the Pumpkin Farm

My sister and I have been heading to a local pumpkin farm every year since I was pregnant with Andrew.  (Such a baby I was!)

Another October, another visit!  Quite a few more people enjoying it these days.



We made quite a crew, my sister and I!



Silly people!  You don't need to buy goat feed for a quarter!  Grass is free for the taking and much more enthusiastically received.





How wonderful it was to be baby-wearing with my sister once again! 



Chubby little Ineke posing by the obscenely large pumpkin was quite a juxtaposition to the tall and lanky boy that walked in front of it after her.  I remember when he was a chubby little fellow with toes pointed out, standing in that very spot.  



My favorite of the nursery rhyme pumpkin scenes and one I can relate to a bit.


Cousins taking great delight in who is taller than one another.




Ineke was SO excited to get her picture taken in the school bus...



...but as with any real bus-riding situation, the thrill was soon gone.


My crew:


  My crew again- because...INEKE!



Moses is wondering why I would plunk him in the middle of hard pumpkin stems.

It's all part of the pumpkin farm package, Little guy.  You'll learn.




Ineke said she wanted me to take this picture for Papa.  Apparently, she thought it would tickle Papa if she were a goat.




Samuel- you take a pretty great family portrait!  I could use you around Christmas time!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Eh, you're still a baby. ;) I love that blogs allow for rapid visits in a time machine because it's tangibly clear to see one of our Father's best workings for our lives in the last 13 years. There you sit, ringed round with all your wealth, Mama! Beautiful.

Seeing Elizabeth via blog is great, too, and how on earth did Samuel get so tall?! He must have ingested the same Grow a Foot in One Night Miracle Drug that Andrew ran across last year. For Pete's sake!

One of my favorite parts of this post (apart from Ineke, of course, and Moses Baby in another darling ensemble, which you know without me having to mention it...but there I go mentioning it, anyway) is a glimpse of Elizabeth looking so beautiful with a babe in her arms. How special for the two of you to be simultaneously caring for little ones God has placed in your lives. It made my heart swell a bit.