What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

An April Endeavor


I have decided to host an “April Showers Community Baby Shower” to help fundraise and support our local crisis pregnancy centers.   

Have I ever done anything like this before?  no.

Do I know what I am doing? nope.

Am I crazy?!  Pretty sure, yes.



But I am doing it anyway.  Because... babies are dying.  Because this is THE social injustice of our time.    Because abortion is OUR Holocaust.

Prayer is one of the greatest and most powerful of weapons, it's true.  Mothering children faithfully and training children to value life and fellow image-bearers of God has generational consequences and the power in that ought not to be undervalued.  Even still,  I feel compelled to put my money, time and energy to do something in support of the tiniest humans in our society, many of whom are so tragically considered disposable today. 

 I have never done a fundraiser of any kind before and feel very inadequate to the task, but I am not going to let that stop me from trying! 

Like an actual baby shower, the plan is that people will bring baby gifts. Except instead of one expectant Mama and unborn baby,  MANY of them will be showered with love!  (Or that is the hope, anyway.)   

There will be a cookie bar, finger foods and drinks available.  A few simple prizes and games (nothing that requires involvement… more the guessing how many things are in the jar sort of games, drawings, etc.   Also- I hope to have a raffle (or silent auction).

  All gifts and proceeds will go directly to Endless Mountains Pregnancy Center and First Look Ultrasound and possibly, depending upon how great the turnout, CareNet Pregnancy Resource Center.

April 18th is the big event.  

I don't know much but I do know this is going to involve a lot of emails, a lot of door to door and flyer hanging and a lot MORE cookie baking.  This month is going to BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSYYYYY.

 I know that most of my blog readers are not local and would be unable to attend such an event- but knowing the big, huge hearts that some of you have, I suspect some of you may wish to support these crisis pregnancy centers and the women and babies who they bless too... so I made two online baby registries where you can buy a gift (or 10!) for $2.00 or $200.00...they will be sent to me and I will personally deliver all gifts after the shower to the pregnancy center(s).  Those online registries are here:


and here:




I hope you will consider donating something.  You never know how the Lord can use your gift for His glory!

 Mostly, I just covet your prayers in this endeavor and your GOSSIP!  Plug it on your social media,  instagram, twitter, and all the other places that people go.  Get the word out!  Gossip the heck out of this!  ;-)



Thank you, thank you!

7 comments:

debbie said...

Thanks for the invite gifts on the way

Rozy Lass said...

You are doing a wonderful work! I'll be sending along the gifts and sure wish I could be there in person.

Mary said...

Working on raffle items! :)

Rebecca said...

Debbie! We just received your package in the mail! Yours is the very first- and it made us so giddy you'd have thought it was for US! Thank you SO much!

Rozy- you are so kind! Thank you SO much! (And I really wish you could be too!) I'll be sure to post photos though. (You know me.)

Mary- WONDERFUL! I am so excited! Thank you for your help!

debbie said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures as always love your blog and the kids

Abigail said...

So glad you're doing this, Rebecca! May God greatly use your efforts to bless these moms and babes!

Mark us down for bringing as many dozen cookies as you want, and then let us know the amount. We are eager to have any cookie-making excuse. ;)

Rebecca said...

Thank you, Abby. You asked for it. ha!