What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, June 26, 2006

Come in to the Dining Room!



Here is our Dining Room. This picture is pretty dark-sorry!
I usually change my tableclothes every week or two-most often using lace ones. I put this DARK one one because I thought it made the bright sunflowers stand out, but I can see now that it didn't help the clarity of the photo.

In this picture you can also see my very favorite part of the house. The huge window! This window has a Northern Catalpa tree just a few feet behind it. It is one of my favorite things to sit at the table and watch birds flutter by and see the beautiful blooms of the tree. Soon, Matt will be putting up a bird feeder right outside the window, hopefully encouraging even more visits from our feathered friends. I would really LOVE to be able to photograph birds upclose and personal.

I made these curtains for our first house together and as you can see, they just BARELY hang low enough on the window. Since being married, we have lived in three different homes and these have been in each and every dining room, so I am GLAD that they work!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Well Rebecca,
I have come to a conclusion...You used to complain about not having much space to work with when it came to the homes you lived in. You cannot complain any longer- your new home is beautiful, spacious, and decorated impeccably. As I look at the photos of your home, I am reminded of the mediocrity my own home is (I am grateful for my home, don't get me wrong, it just seems so simple and basic in comparison to yours) Your home has the appearance of an expensive dwelling. It truly is a picture of beauty! And it isn't even in it's entirety yet!!!

You are truly blessed :)

Rebecca said...

Thank you for the great compliments-especially the "Your home has the appearance of an expensive dwelling." That made me feel good, since you know as well as I, I hardly have EXPENSE to work with! :-)

But I want you to know also that your home is by no means MEDIOCRE! My goodness! Think of all the changes you have made in the last YEAR or two that have made your home sophisticated and beautiful! You painted your living room and bathroom, redecorated Samuel's room, added some BEAUTIFUL lamps, got queen anne coffee table sets, beautiful new couch covers, throws, and pillows, elegant curtains, and not long before that you got a lovely china cabinet for your living room! There are MANY beautiful things in your home and your home is as large as mine-if not larger. The difference is-you have more PEOPLE than we do! Your home is by no means mediocre and reflects in it, the beauty of your FAMILY. There is NOTHING to be disappointed in about that!

I AM truly blessed-as are you! Remember:yours is YOUR home and we are still RENTING (though with the plan to purchase later, one can never know what the future holds).