What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, June 23, 2006

Technical difficulties..

Well, here I promised to focus on one room a day and then didn't post! Well, we were having some 'technical difficulties' with our phone line, and since we have DIAL-UP (gasp!) it affected the internet as well!

So, after much ado about nothing, here is my kitchen.

My favorite parts are the DISHWASHER and my writing desk. I use them my desk often, whether writing letters, creating meal plans and to-do lists, or clipping coupons. The cupboard above my desk stores my cookbooks and writing materials.

My LEAST favorite part of the kitchen is that awful hood over the stove. While practically, it IS handy, with a fan and light, I can't hold a conversation with people on the other side of it, I have to lean backwards to see what I am cooking, and of course-it is an EYESORE!

Tomorrow we will move to the living room!

As for me and my house:

It has been raining cats and dogs here for the past few days and my garden is eating it up. Corynn enjoys our daily walks to check on the garden and loves to see the sprouts of HER seeds. She still doesn't believe me that squash will come. Did I tell you that my brussel sprouts were all eaten up? At least I THINK so-I don't imagine Matt would be so spiteful as to cut them up just so he wouldn't have to eat them! :-) We also planted a few pumpkins. I have never done pumpkins before but thought it might be nice, since we don't have our much loved Iron Kettle Pumpkin Farm to head to anymore. I am THIS close to giving up on my herb garden for this year. I still grasp on to some sliver of a hope that Matt will realize how important it is for me. I have even almost cried about it. I know, silly, but it meant A LOT to me. I don't know why I get all emotional about it. I have even tried blackmailing him. Blast that man-he is a rock!

Accompanying the rain is the spectacle of lights and rumbles of thunder each night. I love thunderstorms but it has been a LONG time since I have heard some as ferocious as these. The thunder here grips the earth in her quakes and rips through the trees with such force that I am sure our house will be split in two! The lightning streaks care not where they land or how close they come to life. It is beautiful and frightening at the same time.

This weekend is the first in a while that we haven't had company and darn it all-doesn't look like the weather will allow me the pleasure of yard-saling despite my availability! I wonder how I will clothe my children this winter. Now I have TWO to think about and haven't been able to get out ONCE! Time, time. Patience is a virtue.
Corynn repeats that for me when she is getting impatient and whiney. I say-"Corynn, what is patience?!?" "Patience is a virtue, Mama." Ah yes. A virtue even I, the Mama, need to work on. The Lord will provide.

Well, I must go. I keep telling the world I will be working to organize my craft room but it seems to look the same as it always has-boxes everywhere, mess everywhere, and not a semblance of order ANYWHERE. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what I did yesterday.....




Watch the mail :) (it's about time, too!)

Rebecca said...

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mandie-I So look forward to hearing from you!