What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, December 08, 2008

the Papa



So very much has happened this past week and weekend, and I so very much long to share it all.

Yet, tasks more important beckon me as I am am recovering and trying to adjust from a week full of Mattie to no Mattie at all.

Matt took all of last week off in order to use up vacation time without losing it-and I became very spoiled.

Now, I miss him more terribly than ever before and the space which he occupies, now empty, echoes even louder until his return this evening.

I guess today I am especially thankful for my incredibly long to-do lists...they are a good diversion.

When I need it most.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

First of all, Congratulations to your beautiful and inspiring family on the birth of your third little one!! Adele is simply beautiful...and I adore her name! ;) I check your blog every day for new updates...though I know you won't be able to do so every day. I suppose having them farther apart makes them even more special!!

I love photos of babies sleeping with their daddies...always makes me smile. I have one of my oldest(almost 10 now) with my husband who is 6' 1" and Cara was 7lbs 6 oz...but very skinny..a peanut...one of my favorite photos ever!! I know you'll cherish the ones you've taken forever!!

I too, know exactly what you mean about missing your husband. My neighbor tells me I'm like a kid in a candy store when my husband is home...I never want the week to end!! And I miss him so very much when he goes back to work.

Mimi said...

How pretty your little one is. And how sweet to have photos of Daddy sleeping with baby.

Jinger said...

Hello and congratulations on the newest member your family. I recently stumbled upon your blog while googling pillowcase dresses (very cute btw)
Well, I've found myself coming back to read a few yummy recipes and precious photo ideas and thought I might as well say hi and thanks for such a sweet portrayal of motherhood. I share your feelings!! It is nice to know there are moms who enjoy being at home raising their children and who are still in love with their husbands! Best of luck to you.